I got a phone call from a perfect stranger who called me by my name.

Dallas, Texas
Have you ever had this happen to you? The phone rings and on the other end a person calls out by your first name as if they knew you, then then explain how hard they have tried to get hold of you and by the time they finish telling you they are just an organization trying to get donations, you feel like you have been personally violated. I explained to the stranger on the phone that, I get so many unwanted calls from strangers that I am almost afraid to answer my phone. To be honest I would appreciate you not calling me again, thank you very much.
@Mike197602 (13674)
Never happens to me If the number isn't recognised by my phone I don't answer Less than 10 people have my number and I like that
• Dallas, Texas
You are bragging. I know how it would be to be so lucky as you. But for me I am cursed by being on some kind of call list.
@Mike197602 (13674)
@lookatdesktop I've had those calls in the past but now only family, work and a couple of friends have my number.
• Dallas, Texas
@Mike197602 So you used to get them but fixed it. Good for you. I know I need to fix it for me as well.
@akalinus (17131)
I don't answer my phone anymore unless I know the caller. I get strange calls all day, every day. You would think they would get tired of calling or leaving inane messages but they never do. If you do talk to someone and ask to have your number removed, it is a joke and they won't. I told one caller to take my number off the list. I told them three days in a row and they are still calling.
• Dallas, Texas
There should be a way to have them punished for this kind of mental harassment.
@akalinus (17131)
@lookatdesktop I don't think they care about laws. Online, they tell me to report it to authorities. That will not do any good. The cops have real crimes on the agenda. I don't think the authorities really care about harassing calls.
• Dallas, Texas
@akalinus Someone needs to step up and do something as this goes against all that is right and good in my opinion, harassment calls are a crime and here is a link to what I consider to be a very strong point made :
@Deepizzaguy (13733)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I know what you mean. There are some jokers who claim to be IRS agents wanting money they claim I owe them or else they will spend the Keystone Cops after me. I found out it is a scam.
• Dallas, Texas
But doesn't it make you furious? I mean, I would give to have my number unlisted.
@Deepizzaguy (13733)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@lookatdesktop Extremely angry. The thought has crossed my mind.
@responsiveme (16756)
Scary
• Dallas, Texas
Yea. Having a phone can be a blessing or rather a curse. at times. Time now for a hot cup of yesterday's coffee. I will try to do more posts on interesting subjects very soon.
@YrNemo (13341)
Happened to me a few times. I felt cheated somehow, wasting my precious time listening to pretentious talk.
• Dallas, Texas
I think the telephone companies should give us the call blocker feature for free.
@prashu228 (25814)
I don't answer any unknown numbers most of the time
• Dallas, Texas
The thing that makes me angry most is that the types of calls that I don't want to get should be an option I can actually make for free not by buying extra features from my telephone company to only add to the cost of a monthly bill for a phone.