Moondrops - A Poem

Moondrop Clouds- Gus Kilthau
@Ceerios (4638)
Goodfellow, Texas
Moondrops - From beyond the reach of man rain falls down as most rains can. But this is not the usual fare. It drowns you quite beyond repair. Each drop of rain is bucket size and wets you fully, feet to eyes, and makes you run and jump and howl as you dry with towel on towel. Is this stuff from outer space, thrown down by some alien race of moon men from that big green cheese, where those who reign, rain as they please? To drown me, not to wash me clean, to wet me more'n I've ever been. By the bucketful descending - pail on pail - is there no ending? No use fussing at this weather. (Waste of time quite altogether.) Time goes by - and then it dries. If not, the wet stays, otherwise. Image: Moondrop Clouds- Gus Kilthau
Very nice. I like this one.
@Ceerios (4638)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@Kandae11 - I would have responded to your kind comment a wee bit faster, but this evening it was my turn to wash those greasy dishes - Yup - all of them. I am glad that you enjoyed this little diatribe on lots of big raindrops (of the type we see around here with great frequency. Gus=
@Ceerios I did. Thank you.
@responsiveme (11921)
A drop, as big as a bucket? O my gosh, I just can't take it!
@Ceerios (4638)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@responsiveme - Friend ARM - Often enough, we here call these heavy rainstorms "Frog Stranglers." - Gus -
That does sound like very heavy rain.
@Ceerios (4638)
• Goodfellow, Texas
@JudyEv - Ms Judy - There are not many raindrops heavier than are "moondrops." - Gus -