Things that Irritate Me

Green Bay, Wisconsin
This keyboard. I don't know if my fingers shrank since I got this new computer a year ago, but it seems like my stretch isn't quite what it used to be and I'm not hitting my letters the way I should. Quite annoying, especially when I need to hit the same key several times to get what I want out of it. I'm thinking about getting a new keyboard, especially since the letters are now worn off the most used keys. I don't notice it so much, but when my son was here a few days ago to try once more to do his taxes, he couldn't find a letter. I had to tell him K was next to J. L is completely gone. In fact looking at the keyboard just now, most of the letters are gone. Good thing I don't hunt and peck or I would be lost too. Another thing that irritates me is spelling. I hate when words elude me and I just can't get them spelled right no matter what I do and need to resort to dictionary dot com. Then I find out I've been spelling it phonetically and that spelling is way off the mark. Why can't words just be spelled the way they sound? Another thing that irritates me is waiting. Any kind of waiting. I don't have much in the way of patience, so waiting for something is not easy for me to do. When I want to do something, I want to do it right then. If I have to wait on someone, I'm counting the minutes until they arrive - clock watching is a bad habit of mine. It's even worse when the time comes and goes and the person hasn't shown up. Boredom irritates me. When what I want to do irritates me instead of bringing about some kind of satisfaction, I find myself getting angry, and that leads to extreme boredom because nothing is interesting then and I don't know how to find the one thing that will put a spark back in my life. Right now I need a spark in my life. Yes, I'm bored and I'm irritated. I hope this doesn't last because I want some sense of satisfaction in what I'm doing. So between the frustration with the keyboard and my appalling spelling, and the boredom, I think I'm just going to find something else that hopefully will put a spark back in my life and give me a sense of satisfaction. You might not find my spelling appalling, but that's because I work at taming this keyboard into submission. Thanks for reading. I will return.
My letter "A" has disappeared. Yes, so many little things cause the greatest irritation. As for spelling, I stink at more now than in my younger days. Oh well, such is life.
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Corbin5, sometimes we are in a hurry to type thinking that everything is okay only to see many reds underlining the words hehehehe.It is truly irritating.
@cacay1 Those red lines irritate me too!!!
@Corbin5 Yes, I can definitely see which keys are used most.
I have trouble with my keyboard also, it is too stiff. I need to buy a new one soon.
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@marlina , Better replace it, it surely irritates me if having like that stiff keyboard
@cacay1 One of these days, I will get a new keyboard, maybe even this week.
@Marlina I hope the new one works better than that one.
I added Grammarly to my computer, it is free and it helps me correct the spelling easily. I get bored easy and you are right, it is annoying.
I thought Grammarly was only free for a month. Looks like they've changed their policy if free is the case.
@just4him I have had it for over a year for free, there is a fancier version that you can pay for but the basics are free.
@BelleStarr I'll have to check it out again.
• Dallas, Texas
I have trouble typing on my new Windows Keyboard that I had to replace for the same reason, The original keyboard, before all the characters wore off fit better to my hands and easier to type on. Now I am stuck with this new one I bought and actually I want a better keyboard myself. Here is a list of keyboards that I think you will like to take a look at:
Whether it's for typing, gaming, or a combination of the two, your keyboard is a vital part of your computer setup. Our buying advice and product recommendations will help you find one you—and your fingers—will love.
Those are expensive. I don't think I need anything that expensive or custom designed. Just one that types without any trouble.
Gee, with all that going on I hope you find something that will help you calm down. When I can post from my phone, it helps with spelling.
I don't have a phone option. I'm glad it helps with your spelling.
@just4him It helps so much. But can hardly post from it. Seems like it go by spells. Lol
@ranan1989 (396)
We are all fraught with some negative things those we try to connive in our life but have to do these...I have some of those also still we have to go with this issues as if we get everything pleasurable in our lives there would be a little value of the pleasure in our life ... So we can watch those issues in other ways also and that might create some major differences
I keep the negative in my life to a bare minimum.
@just4him that's a exact spirit...though I am far younger than you still its my own perception....
@PatZAnthony (12657)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
As time goes by it seems that spelling is no longer my thing @just4him Some of my keys don't work (very annoying) but that I can deal with for now. We are using a spell check program that makes life a bit easier here!
Spell check is okay when the word is really spelled wrong, but it doesn't catch words that are wrongly used.
I have already lost letters N, M, L, A, S and now the letter C on my keyboard is being erased. I'm thinking of buying a new keyboard.
If you don't look down at your keyboard and know the keyboard well enough to know where they are, I see no reason to buy a new one. However, if you like to see all your letters, it would be a good idea.
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Very nice post, boredom ceases soon and the spark is back to inspire you again. Yes, spelling sometimes is irritating.Sometimes I want to pull out all the letters in the keyboard. What I did, I downloaded Grammarly and let it check everything and everything goes fine.
I'll need to check that out again.
@mandala100 (43608)
I think it's time for you to buy a new keyboard.
I think so too. Thank you.
I am using a tablet right now and that is totally frustrating to me. I can sympathize.
That's why I don't use my tablet anymore. It's more than frustrating.
I have never once typed anything that did not need correcting. There is always something wrong. I type well but still that happens. Waiting irritates me too but as far as boredom goes I have realised that no one can change it for me but myself.
True, but knowing what will take the boredom away is the hard part. I admire good typists. I'm passable, but yes, always make mistakes.
• Austin, Texas
What irritates me? My daughter and I share a laptop. Sometimes she eats when she's using and she east sticky food! Certain letters on my keyboard get stuck. Like the letter “E”. You never know how often you use a letter when you're typing until that key gets stuck and you have to strike it several times until it shows up! GRRRRRR …!!!
That would be totally frustrating. I would make sure nobody used the laptop with sticky fingers. I might eat at my computer, but not anything sticky.
@Elizaby (3672)
• Pensacola, Florida
For your son who doesn't know the keyboard you could usea small paintbrush and paint the letters on (or use some nail polish.
He's not here often enough to do that.
I don't know what happened with your keyboard.. but I'm 90% sure your fingers didn't shrink. I understaind the waiting part and boredum. I hate waiting on food, going out, and people. And hate being bored.
I don't think they did either. Waiting is the worst for me. As soon as the time comes for someone to be here, I'm looking at my watch or the clock. I don't understand lateness. It happens so seldom with me. I always leave early enough that no matter what problem could arise, I won't be affected by it. Here it would be boats and trains that hold up traffic. I hate being bored as well. I usually start a new story when that happens, but when I'm bored with the computer, that isn't an option.
I tend to hit the cap button and then I have to go back and erase and start over.
I've done that too.
I have a problem with the letter 'o' on my keyboard. It is very elusive and I must keep rechecking every time.
It's hard when letters don't cooperate.
@Gillygirl (17329)
• Sutton, England
I know what you mean. My previous keyboard was awful. I hope your day gets some sparkle.
Thanks. My son came over and added some spark to the day.
I'm like you keyboard is worn no problem as I can type without looking but if someone uses my laptop there at a loss
I'm still going to look for another one, not because the letters are worn off, but because the letters just want to skip when I'm typing a word and I need to go back and insert the letter.
I hope you find the spark your looking for soon! =)
Thank you. I did and everything is back to normal.