My big brother saved my life and was an eagle scout.

Dallas, Texas
My big brother, aka 'BUBBA' saved my life twice, that I can remember. Here is the story of that one time back in the days of my earliest childhood memories. First when I lay in a hammock beneath two trees in Virginia when my Grandfather saw a snake getting closer and closer. "Hey Johnny! go fetch my shotgun. Bring it to me right away." My brother ran and got that rifle and gave it to Grandfather. He aimed at the snake, approaching me in the hammock. Fired and DEAD SNAKE! LIVE Baby. Me, a 1 year old was granted a stay of execution because my big brother got that gun in a hurry and Grand Daddy shot that snake DEAD. My older brother is the best. He was an Eagle Scout and attempted to join the US Navy but because of his childhood hypertension that he was unfortunate to be born with, was a disqualification to get into the armed services. But he is a hero in his own right. He saved my life on that bright and sunny day.
Aw he is a good guy and yes a hero Anthony. That is sad that the Navy wouldn't take him. But maybe it was a good thing as he is still with us.
@lookatdesktop Oh Vietnam..yes. Does he have control somewhat of his high blood pressure now? That is sad he was born with it poor lad.
@UncleJoe (11276)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That's amazing. It always seemed like my two older brothers were trying to get me killed. However, I can remember being bullied by a bigger kid when I started school. They came upon the seen while we were waiting for the school bus to take us home and explained to him why it would be best to not pick on their little brother.
@prashu228 (25514)
Your big brother is your saviour. What do he do now? Have a great day
I am glad your brother saved your life and you re alive to this day.