Stealing Food From a Baby. Shame! Shame!!

baby in high chair eating
Austin, Texas
When we were first married and just beginning our family, I did the grocery shopping. I used to buy baby food in the small jars. At our local grocery store, they used to sell pureed mango in the jar. I tasted it and must admit, it was delicious. But it wasn't for me. It was for the baby. So I resisted temptation! Like I said I was in charge of shopping and I began to notice that the jars of mango were disappearing rather quickly. Was it my imagination? I know I only fed the baby a certain amount and I was sure I had bought enough for a week. There should be more bottles in the pantry. Finally. One day. I caught him! Red handed! Bottle in his hand and spoon in his mouth. It was my husband! He had been eating the jars of mango baby food. Shame! Shame!! What did I do? I made him let me eat the rest of bottle and told him from now on I'd be counting!!!
@Freelanzer (4570)
I grew up eating mangoes fresh from the trees and today I still crave them. Maybe your husband was getting some "benefit" from the baby mango food. I understand it has certain "powers"
• Austin, Texas
It sure does. Why do you I made him let me eat the rest of the jar?!! We both love mangoes!!
Who can resist anything that has mango in it. Cannot blame your husband
Ha ha. There are two mango trees in our yard. In fact, the fruit should be ripe and ready by next month.
• Lakewood, Colorado
haha I used to like the Gerber Plum flavor. LOL
@prashu228 (11909)
Lol..you too.. Have a great day
• Cyprus
I could never try baby food, but now that my kids are older, I finish whatever leftovers they leave that are unable to be refrigerated and reheated. I am their hoover. What can I say? I hate wasting food.