Trying To Be More Positive

Boise, Idaho
Having severe depression with panic attacks I have had to learn to be more positive and try to calm my thoughts. Here are some phrases I need to make daily to help me to achieve this: 1. I am trying to keep a flexible attitude toward all changes in my life. 2. I intend to make a positive impact on all people I meet in my life. j 3. Each day I strive to become more and more the true person I am meant to be. 4. I will accept life as it comes and take each day as it come. 5. I want to forgive all people who have done me or my family wrong in the past. 6. I strive to accomplish something productive each and every day. 7. I now release myself from all the old patterns of thought that no longer serve or help me. 8. I am open to learn new things each day. 9. I want to find good and positive things in everyone I come into contact with in my life. 10. All is good and well in my world. (Sometimes this on is really tough.) Are there things you do daily to help you along?
@dodo19 (26676)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's not always easy to stay positive. But I do try to stay positive and change the negative thoughts into positive ones. I also try to just breathe.
Just breathing some days is all I can muster.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
One thing is not to be so hard on yourself and to think of yourself in a positive way! You are a good person. Another way of keeping things looking up for you is to make a plan to do something special as a treat. It will give you the motivation to look forward to it.Don't dwell too much on the past it is over it has passed. Life is how you are now and how you are going to be in the future.. Easier said than done I know but it may well help!
Self worth is very important. Not always easy but something to strive for. Motivation is fleeting. I don't worry about the past at all. Long past that.
As someone else with bad depression, Six is probably the easiest one, while 10 is definitely probably the hardest. Here if you need to talk.
Every day is different. Some days I slam dunk them all and others I can't get one accomplished.
@celticeagle true. Take it easy
@Courtlynn .....I have to remember to breathe, right?
@Deepizzaguy (6500)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
When I get angry I try to count to ten since I am battling high blood pressure.
Oh, that's not good. Do you take meds?
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@celticeagle For high blood pressure, thyroids and pre diabetes.
@Deepizzaguy ......I take about the same. And, one for anxiety.
I swap each negative thought for a positive thoughts, remain cool, calm and chilly when faced with a challenge, avoid tempermatal reactions, and make myself slow down since I have a tendency to do everything too quickly which causes anxiety. I have to keep telling myself it is fine to do an "average" job since perfection is but a hope, a dream or a wish.
On a good day I can do so much. But on a bad one I just breathe. Hitting somewhere in the middle is a pretty good day.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes stay out of bed..that is the main thing I do to keep myself from retreating into the darkness permanently. And I find a good bit of rage keeps me going quite satisfactorily. You can use it in very positive ways. Thats a good list tho.
Rage can be turned to the positive. I get to that point sometimes too. Did you look at the pics I sent you?
• Lakewood, Colorado
@celticeagle Eh I haven't received anything no.
@TiarasOceanView .....I emailed you a link to some great pictures. 50 places in the world.
• Portland, Connecticut
No, not really, I just jump in and tackle what I need to tackle. I do have a routine get up, feed the dogs, go online etc.
I'm glad you don't have these issues like depression or other mood disorders.
• Portland, Connecticut
@celticeagle I didn't mean to be flip if that is how it sounded, I did have depression when I was younger, I know how hard it can be to even get up but these days, my emotions are on a pretty even keel for the most part. I am sending a hug, I do understand what you are going through.
@BelleStarr .......Thank you. Appreciate that. I get so frustrated with it. I even did the DNA testing, which would narrow down what type of meds I should take, and none of it helped. No meds help. It gets old.
@bunnybon7 (31052)
• Holiday, Florida
i keep telling myself i can keep going. thats about all i can accomplish really
I just keep going over these and try to make it another day. That is all I can do.
@bunnybon7 (31052)
• Holiday, Florida
@celticeagle same here. just tell myself all day, you can make it.
@bunnybon7 ......Thank goodness there are some good days.
• Jerusalem, Israel
I have been suffering from depression for a couple of years now. I want to wish anyone who is suffering from it lots of luck. Stay positive
I've had it all my life. Not easy to over come it at times.
• Jerusalem, Israel
@celticeagle wow... you seem like a strong person. hey i believe in you.
@moriahamami .......I try to be. You don't know me so you can't really believe in me.
@LoriAMoore (12674)
It's hard, it's really hard. My depression is kicking my butt today. Woke up sad.
So sorry to hear that. I wake every day with depression. Some days it is horrible and other days not so bad. I have gotten used to it over the years. No meds help. Just the one for anxiety.
@BettyB (4304)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It's not always easy to stay positive when faced with so many life changing issues. I turn to God in prayer. I don't think I could have handled the last six months if I couldn't turn to him for comfort.
That is great that you have your God to turn to.
@JediYoda (1744)
• Samoa
These are all good words to live by.
@Mareena (440)
10 missions to achieve... wish you all success to deal well with all the 10.
@prashu228 (18758)
Good to develop positive things . I try to do as much as I can