Memory Again Fired For Doing Good Job But Being 79

Garden Grove, California
I was working yet for the Tustin library when we got a new second in command. From the start she made it evident that she did not like me. I ;learned after the fact that she threatened 'the manager to quit if she did not fire' that' old jay, She was overheard to say she did not like having old workers in her library. So the manager Emily told me I was too old and she hated this as I was one of best workers but she had to let me go because of my age of 79. Thus I was kicked out like a worn out shoe.Then I had a bad fall, landing on my left shoulder,smashing all bones in the shoulder joint.I had to have surgery to get a new steel and plastic shoulder joint. I had tons of physical therapy but I did not get over a fourth of the usage of my left arm back . I was called back to go to work as the manager and her assistant had been fired for wrongful firing.You cannot fire someone who does good work because of their age.I had to turn down the offer as I now was physically unable to shelve media. That is w hen I found mylot and It helped me to feel good about myself.Sadly mylot stopped paying and I was urged to join Bubblews a bad decision but I did make a lot of money at first Then had a lot of payments not paid and finally they folded. I rejoined here and a m so glad i did. One original post and graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 2017
@prashu228 (25820)
That's sad..glad you found mylot.
yes it really helped jme so much
@prashu228 (25820)
@TheSojourner (17448)
Just reading this made my blood boil at first, knowing that it is illegal to fire someone because they "are too old." I'm glad to know you here, Patsie.
thanks Im gladto know you and all my mylot friends here
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I can't believe that they fired you because of your age. Very unprofessional of them. Anyway good to know about your journey to mylot
yes she wanted to keep the new person b u t sdje and the new person lost ir jobs because of it
I was glad when my lot started paying again. I was doing good on bubblews until they folded.
yes at frst I nade a lot of momey then they sloediot all dowen when they folde I had lessthn forty dollars