Sugar vs Jaggery - Which is good for Health

Pune, India
Both Sugar and Jaggery are made from Sugarcane. But Many suggest that, Jaggery is good for health compared to Sugar. See the attached image for more details about the difference between Sugar and Jaggery... What's your experience with them ?
I have never heard of Jaggery - but it seems healthier than sugar, - from what you have shown there.
• Pune, India
Sweets made of Jaggery can be happily consumed by Diabetic patients as well... It is cost effective as well. Easily digestible too. You must explore the options of including Jaggery in your intake...
I like sweets but I don't like sugar itself.lol. Quite weird, but I haven't heard of jaggery before.
• Pune, India
Ha Ha Ha. Best alternative is Jaggery. You will not get the same taste while using Jaggery as that of Sugar. But its good for Health..
I learn something new eveyday here I have never hear od of jaggeryso information pn that is a must
• Pune, India
It seems that, many people in US and UK does not aware of Jaggery at all. And the usage is very very less..
I have never tried jaggery and always use sugar.
• Pune, India
Oh! Is Jaggery not used in your Region ?
@prashu228 (25504)
I heard jaggery is good for health