Favorite Country Songs about Dad # 5- Seeing my Father in me.

Banks, Oregon
Coming in at # 5 on my favorite country songs about Dad series is Seeing my Father in me, by singer and, songwriter Paul Overstreet, this one reminds me of Grandpa. Great song though and, it was also a number 2 hit on the Billboard Country chart. Check out a sample of the lyrics below. I know some of you had to of heard this one, it's a classic. Last night we brought the children by to see their Grandpa. And, it's plain to see they are truly part of him. While we were there, their Grandma took out some old photographs. Man, he sure looked a lot like me back then. I'm seeing my Father in me. I guess that's how it's meant to be. And, I find I'm more and, more like him each day. I notice I walk the way he walks. I notice I talk the way he talks. I'm starting to see my Father in me. Some information verified at Wikipedia, it came out in 1990, few better songs to celebrate Father's day than this one.
• Denver, Colorado
The name Paul Overstreet sounds familiar, but I can't place this one.
It's a great song and, yes he had many good songs that he sang, plus number 1 hits he wrote for Randy Travis etc.
• Denver, Colorado
@TRBRocks420 - Ah, a prolific songwriter. Might be how I know his name.
I remember this song. Just barely. I see my Father in me more than my Mother, strange, though I am a woman, I have more of his characteristics. I miss him.
Glad to hear you remember it, it's a good one.
This is one my husband probably would enjoy too. He prefers older country music too. I believe that he is looking a lot like his grandfather lately. Has a lot of grey in his beard now. LOL.
It's a good song, one of my favorites for sure and, my Dad too lol.
@responsiveme (16872)
Your theme is building up the Father's day atmosphere
Thank you and, yes it's quickly approaching.
@JediYoda (1714)
• Samoa
Thanks for your post my friend.
Thanks for reading