Keep Your Buttons Closed !

Denmark
This post addresses people who wear blouses and shirts with buttons and who wear them more than once before washing them. If you only wear buttonless clothes or wash your clothes after wearing them only once, you may move on. Some people are struck by ingenuity already at an early age, others have to wait a life time. The latter are comforted by the thought 'Better late than never'. If you belong to this group, let me help you enjoy your last years with a piece of useful advice. I have to confess that I also had to wait a considerable time until I was enlightened. You may not have any problems buttoning your blouse or shirt - if so, you may also move on. But you may also stay here if you're still young and learn something for your later years. The problems buttoning or unbuttoning your blouse or shirt may be: · You lose time which may be inconvenient especially in the morning when you have to hurry. · You may button your blouse or shirt the wrong way inadvertently and not notice it and thusly amuse other people the whole day long. (which some jokesters may see as a good thing, of course) · You may have problems with small buttons because of a) your eye sight b) arthritic fingers So, I suggest that you open and close only so many buttons at the top that you can get your head through and keep the rest closed. You only open all buttons to iron the garment. I can promise you that the quality of your life will change considerably if you follow this piece of advice which I'm distributing here free of charge. Your grateful comments are enough of a reward for me.
@pgntwo (20227)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Just be sure not to mistakenly button the lowest button on your shirt into the buttonhole on your trouser fly (if you are a gentleman, naturally!), it can lead to postural problems and an unaccountable stoop all day...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Not to mention trauma around what should have been "relief."
@pgntwo (20227)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@TheHorse Yes, making the quick whizz anything but.
@garymarsh6 (12736)
I change my shirts every day although these days I mainly wear Polo shirts so there is only three buttons which I never do up anyway! I rarely wear a dress shirt unless I have to attend a black tie do.
• Olney, Illinois
@ridingbet (40078)
somebody told me that the way the buttons are sewn in a shirt distinguishes the male shirt from the female shirt. when the buttons are overlapping right to left, it is for the female; left to right should be for the male.
• Denmark
Well, yes, of course. It has always been like this! It can be a bit tricky if you wear a blouse for women and a cardigan for men. Then it's first right over left (blouse) and then left over right (cardigan).
@PatZAnthony (11971)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Can you imagine being so rushed that you can't take the time to button and unbutton clothing @MALUSE
• Denmark
It's not that. It's just more convenient that way. Besides, my knuckles are a bit arthritic and small buttons are a bit tricky for me now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I followed your advice and I am now stuck here with my shirt half way off. I have missed two appointments already and can't get to the phone to call someone to help me, as I am also anchored to my chair. You will be hearing from my lawyers.
@Gabugs (1779)
Thank You so much @MALUSE for this great tip. I do the same especially when I'm in great hurry. But at times, the button breaks off if its loose after washing.
• Portland, Connecticut
My husband has been doing this for years. I don't wear that many things with buttons these days
• Denmark
@BelleStarr @valmnz Give my kind regards to your husbands!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@MALUSE Oh, I thought at first that you were saying this to one person. I was wondering where she was from.
• Denmark
@TheHorse Have you read 'Kim' by Rudyard Kipling? There's a woman int the Himalayas with a house full of husbands.
I'll remember this in future when I'm buttoning up my shirts and blouses. Thanks for the free advice.
• Denmark
You're welcome! You'll always think of me now when putting on your blouses, heehee.
@HazySue (18516)
How clever. I remember them doing this at the nursing home when my father was living there. It really is a great idea.
• Denmark
Thank you.
Thank you for this useful advise. Indeed, I will do this from now on because In the morning I am always hurrying and most of my blouses have buttons indeed.
• Denmark
I'm glad to be of help!
I am moving on. I wash or dry clean everything I wear after one wearing.
That's a really good suggestion
@PainsOnSlate (19807)
That is hilarious and probably good for a) your eye sight b) arthritic fingers. I never thought of this and have never seen it being done but good advice!!! I rarely wear buttons, I'm a pull over kind of girl...
@Sreekala (19249)
I am not using any dress with buttons. I am very particular on dressing up and will leave home only after wearing dresses comfortably.
@Inlemay (16638)
• South Africa
great advice - I find it difficult to do and undo buttons when my hands are cold. its as if my fingers are not working.
@shivamani10 (11156)
• Hyderabad, India
very interesting. Good observation .
@acelawrites (10866)
Aha! I also do that trick; saves me a lot of time especially when I am in a hurry to go somewhere! I only unbutton all when ironing it!
@valmnz (13142)
• New Zealand
My husband would agree with you
I do not care how many seconds it takes to button a shirt. I have no trouble.