Garden is planted!

Finally! I normally do it from seeds and plant it in April. This year I just didn't get around to it due to our spring break vacation and then a string of rainy weekends. I bought the plants last weekend but was busy during the week so I only just put them in the ground. I planted Japanese eggplant, several different types of peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and yellow squash, along with basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, and dill. I have a lot of room left in the beds so I'm going to go to Home Depot tomorrow to see what plants they have left. I need zucchini definitely and then I'll be happy with whatever else I can find at this point.
Sounds like agood garden
I usually have a lot more but I was late on it this year. No green beans this year which stinks. I also usually grow greens like Swiss chard and kale but not now. Maybe I'll do them in the fall.
@NJChicaa ooh. Thats alot
@Courtlynn I have 2 big raised garden beds. They are both like half full which is why I need to go buy some more stuff tomorrow. I may just wind up with more tomatoes and squash. haha
You are going to have a bounty of good things in your garden!!!
I hope so! My husband was like "I want you to write down, count, and weigh everything that comes out of that garden so I can see if it is even worth doing this every year." Mr. SpreadSheet doesn't understand that it is my summer hobby. I enjoy just going out there on a summer morning with a cup of coffee and walking around checking everything out.
@NJChicaa Well, he will just have to let you enjoy your hobby. Husbands do things that seem unusual to us too!!! So there!
@Corbin5 He is out of his mind
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
what is the difference between regualr old eggplant and japaneese eggplant?
Japanese eggplant is long and skinny like a cucumber. I like it because it doesn't have those seeds.
@NJChicaa learned something today about Japanese eggplants.
@marlina I like them better than the traditional ones.
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
I was just talking to my hubby today about wanting to get some things to plant. I want to be able to go to the garden and have a salad for supper if i choise to.
It is past the time for lettuces but you can definitely do tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. I LOVE being able to do a panini with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and basil from the garden.
@Jdaw1985 (3990)
• Harrells, North Carolina
@NJChicaa oh really i do not know really anything about a garden other than they grow in summer lol.
@Jdaw1985 haha I didn't know anything either until I just started doing it.
@dodo19 (33612)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I am glad that you were finally able to plant your seeds and such. The weather has been pretty cool and all over the place.
I'm glad that it is finally done. I just hope I can get some more stuff tomorrow. There's still a lot of room in the beds.
@dodo19 (33612)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@NJChicaa Hopefully you are able to. It would be nice for you to get it all filled up.
@dodo19 I hope to. We shall see!
that is great there.Mike just finished up there.Now let us have luck with the growing season. The only problem.Have to keep an eye on the wood chuck.
We don't get any critters in our yard. It is fenced in. There is a rabbit that comes through sometimes but it has never bothered with the garden.
@NJChicaa Good for you there.
@Tina30219 (35717)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad to hear you got it done. You need some strawberries and pumpkins and potatoes and watermelon.
I don't have enough space for pumpkins or watermelon unfortunately. I did wind up with those little mini pumpkins one year. The seeds got into the garden from the compost and started growing. My parrot loves those little pumpkins so she was thrilled to have so many to chew up. I did sweet potatoes one year. I'll def buy them again if HD has them.
@Tina30219 (35717)
• Onaway, Michigan
@NJChicaa Yum sweet potatoes sound good.I bet your parrot and any other critter outside enjoyed the mini pumpkins. Hopefully HD has your sweet potatoes and maybe even something else as well
You were exercising a green thumb.
not really. I just kind of put stuff in the beds and say "good luck!" People think that because I have a degree in biology that I somehow have gardening superpowers. Nope.
@nomus24g (24910)
Thats something good to hear..
Its good when we can grow some of our own food.
I hope you are able to plant lots of vegetables and have lots that come up.
I never have much luck with tomatoes. We'll see how they do this year.
@Nawsheen (22958)
• Mauritius
That's lots of things you planted. Harvesting time will surely makes you happier
You are planting all the things I love in your garden! Wish I had room for a garden
@jnesperos (273)
• Davao, Philippines
I also love gardening too. And I have a beautiful view of my landscape, it's relaxing seeing green and other plants, isn't it?
@JediYoda (1714)
• Samoa
It's good that you're done with your planting.
I pared down this year.
Somehow I am not so good with vegetables. You will soon get enough to share them with the whole myLot community
@prashu228 (25504)
Wow that's lots of veggies. I like to grow vegetables always. All the best. Have a great day
Sounds awesome!!! I used to love to garden, but we took down the fence and turned it into lawn. I only have rosemary, parsley, and chives now.