Beauty and The Beast (the new movie)

I've always enjoyed Disney movies and have thoroughly enjoyed the newer ones with my grandchildren. The improvement in animation comes a long way from the earlier days and sometimes you forget that you're watching animation. Usually when they take a classic like Beauty and the Beast and make it into a movie with real characters it's a flop. Last night my daughter suggested we see the new Beauty and the Beast and of course I was skeptical. However I have to say this was one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time. It was amazing! The cast of characters was well chosen and the combination of real people and animation worked very well. Of course the music is classic and I found myself humming those songs long after the movie was over. If you haven't seen it and have a chance I give it many thumbs up
@silvermist (20100)
Glad you all enjoyed tbe movie.I have not seen it yet.I think I will certainly watch it.
Glad that you liked it.I heard nothing but great stuff on this.
Glad to know you enjoyed this film Marilyn. I am not much on the animation films for some reason, but occasionally there is the exception.
Thanks for the tip.
@dodo19 (32873)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I did see the movie with my girls and my husband. I will admit that there are some things that I did enjoy with this new adaptation, and others I preferred the original. Overall, I do think it was pretty good. Some things I liked, while others not as much.
The movie was a huge success and no doubt a sequel will be in the works.
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I have not yet seen this movie but it has positive reviews. Thats you for your review
So glad you enjoyed the new Beauty of the Beast. The most amazing Beauty and the Beast of all time for me is the French version. It is amazing.
"Use those powerful claws to hold on to life! Fight! Get up and let out a roar--scare death away!" Directed by Jean Cocteau. Starring Jean Marais and Josette...
I have not seen this one yet, but have heard good reviews on it. I'm glad that you had a great time and weren't disappointed.
I expected a lot more, but it's a good movie.
I heard it was great. I'll add that to my list for when we have a moment to ourselves. Thanks for the review!