Humanity is the best quality!

@Sreekala (18781)
Dear friends, I was reading about a photograph of Kelvin Carter’s, which got an award from UNESCO in 1994 (Pulitizer). I received the award winning photo also in my mobile. It was disheartening to see the picture, a Sudanese girl collapsed on starvation as she was trying to get a packet of food distributed by UNESCO. A Vulture stood few yards away from the girl waiting for the death of this girl. (In photo the Vulture and collapsed girl is seen) Kelvin waited 30 minutes to know what may happen watching the vulture and the girl. Then he took the photo and left the place, for photo he got an award later. Kelvin got much criticism and blames for not trying to save the life of that girl. He had done suicide as he could not over come such mental tortures. What I felt from this incident, his photograph become worthy for a prize but he has not showed humanity. The moral I learned here, humanity is the best quality, all of us must have to maintain in our life. Whatever we achieve in our life will be equal to nothing if we lost the Humanity within us. Your views please? (I am not attaching the prize winning photo as it may be a violation)
@Nawsheen (22859)
• Mauritius
You are right. He should have helped the girl and not stand there watch her die just to win a prize.
@Sreekala (18781)
He may not supposed to win the prize but he left the place after taking the photograph. If he tried something to save the child, then his place would be mind of people with great respect.
@Sreekala (18781)
@HAPPSINGH May be, I am not ready for an argument at present as time limits for me
@Sreekala (18781)
@HAPPSINGH No power here plus am busy with office works as well.
@ridingbet (38053)
i don't think that photograph should earn him a prize. it was so inhumane for him to ignore the hungry girl, and snapped his camera when the vulture attacked the toddler.
@Sreekala (18781)
But the Jury of the award who selected him for an award never know about this incident so he got the prize. Still he left the Vulture never attacked the girl.
@Sreekala (18781)
@ridingbet He faced much criticism for not doing anything to save the life of the child.
@ridingbet (38053)
@Sreekala that is horrible. that was also so inhumane of him to not save that child from the vulture.
@magnumopus (1685)
Yes you are right on this. It's like what some media practitioners are doing: just taking photo of the victims without even helping the victim in the process.
@Sreekala (18781)
In that case we never achieve anything. That is the moral. I am not blaming any one. I don't know how I may act in that particular situation.
One of the saddest things I have ever read.
@ShifaLk (7323)
Yes right but I think humanity hardly exists nowadays what I have seen
@ptrikha_2 (5787)
I wonder why that person did not feed the girl then. He surely could have arranged something in that much time. And even if he was in a remote place, he could have tried to take that girl to somewhere so as to be able to save her. I think saving a life matters more than a medal or a certificate.