Apparently, He Does

To others, our son really does look like Toby McGuire of Spider-Man fame. Little kids, big kids, and adults whisper "Spider-Man" when our son is out and about. They really get a thrill when they believe the actor who played Spider-Man is in town. Our son was working on his MBA at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and his daily commute to and from classes by train from Lincoln Park resulted in a "Spiderman-Is-in-the-House" event. When our son worked in the city of Chicago, he was, more often than not, Spider-Man in the flesh to those who laid eyes on him. Our son just gives the Spider-Man hand signal to the delight of onlookers every time he is mistaken for Toby McGuire. My sister sent the above photo to me via email the other day to once again try to convince me that the nephew she adores is the spitting image of Toby McGuire. Of course, our son is 8 years younger and taller than Toby McGuire, but I do see a resemblance. I often wonder if the Spider-Man thing gets on our son's nerves? Will post the most look-alike photo of our son in comments. Maybe others will see a resemblance, perhaps not. Photo: Toby McGuire
I do see the resemblance. My son is the spitting image of Dean Cain and my son-in-law is a Tom Cruise lookalike. It is funny how many people look like stars When I was young people thought I looked like Saly Fields.
Oh, I love Sally Field. What a doll she is. Yes, it is strange that many look like celebrities. My sister, a beauty, is a look-alike for Elizabeth Taylor. When she was little, that is what everyone remarked upon.
Now I can put a face to everyone :)
@andriaperry Cool. My mother-in-law swore I looked like Dyan Cannon. I did not see the resemblance but she did.
i saw the photo 'f yer son 'n what a handsome fella! more so'n this toby fella. i reckon that 'fter all these years, yer son jest goes with the flow. perhaps e'en takes such's a compliment 'f sorts?
He may take it as a compliment, but I thought it was cute that he always gives the Spider-Man hand signal, which I had to look up, to all who think he is Spider-Man.
Oh he is simply gorgeous handsome, bless him. Hey I hope these fans don't expect your son to climb on buildings and all as well.
Being our only child, I too hope he does get requests for Spider-Man feats.
@Corbin5 Thanks for sharing him with us also Deborah. I only have the one son too.
@TiarasOceanView We both have a one and only! Our son is the only grandchild on my side of the family. We have to be careful not to overwhelm him too much since all dote on the poor guy.
They are not identical, but I see a resemblance. It can be annoying to have people staring at you all the time.
Yes, he gets a lot of stares. My sister took him to lunch the other day, and she said every waitress in the place stopped by to get a look at him.
@Corbin5 He can say that he is popular.
You sound like a proud momma to have a son that looks like a very handsome Toby McGuire!
Thank you for your kind words, my friend. My sister took him to lunch the other day, and she said every waitress in the place waited on their table. That always happens and she gets a big kick out that. Sis adores him.
@Corbin5 He sounds adorable. His wife is mighty lucky!
I wouldn't know Toby McGuire if I saw him on the street. He is a handsome fella. I just looked at the photo in comments and have to admit, your son does look like him.
Yes, it seems that teens and little kids freak out when they see our son. Nice of our son to give the Spider-Man hand signal, which I had to find out what that was, to delight all.
@Corbin5 That's great!
I'm anxious to see a photo of him so that I can make a comparison. I love this actor's blue eyes, does your son sport blue eyes also?
Yes, he has the piercing blue eyes like his dad. Our son is the guy on top being lifted by his groomsmen, without the shadow of the beard he often has going on.
@Corbin5 There is a resemblance. There is nothing like a good looking guy with blue eyes, our son has them also, he got them from me, Dad has the nicest looking brown eyes in the world.
@Juliaacv I have the brown eyes, and I am so glad our son got the blue.
That is so funny. It looks like a resemblance between your son and Toby.My first husband used to be told he looked like either John Belushi or Robin Williams. I think I looked alot like Ally Sheedy when we were both young. I haven't seen any recent pics of her. I wonder if we still look alike..? lol
I always thought Ally Sheedy was gorgeous. I haven't seen a photo of her lately, either. When my parents went to London, every Londoner thought Dad was Richard Burton.
@Corbin5 He should have burst out into a Shakespearean monolgue for them.
@responsiveme (16034)
Is that the photo of Toby McGuire ?Sweet of him to give the signal...The kids who see it must be thrilled to bits
Yes, our son's photo is in a comment above. He is the guy being lifted by his 9 groomsmen. The kids do get a thrill, and they whisper to each other about Spider-Man being right before their eyes.
@Corbin5 for me the comment came below andI scrolled down...Yes, there is a resemblance
@dodo19 (32868)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It can be funny how some resemble others like that. I look forward to seeing the picture of your son. I am curious to see.
He is in a photo in the comments here. His groomsmen are lifting him up on the day of his wedding.
@dodo19 (32868)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Corbin5 Just looked at the picture and I can see it. I can see how people mistake him for Tobey McGuire.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh Yes, @Corbin5 , in that black and white photo, your son does look like Toby McGuire , sorry, but, actually I think your son is more handsome. And I like that he has been a good sport about people mistaking him for the actor.
Oh, thank you for your kinds words. I think it is the smile and the blue eyes that show the most resemblance. He really does like to give the little kids a thrill when they think Spider-Man is in the house.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Corbin5 you're welcome, It's all only the truth. He looks and sounds a fine young man. The kids must be on cloud9 believing they saw their hero
He is quite handsome.
It is the little kids and teens who get so excited when they think Spider-Man is in their midst.
@Corbin5 I bet!
@WriterAI (5202)
• Bulgaria
Spider-Man is popular. How does your son feel himself at this resemblance?
He does not see it, but everyone else does. Kids freak out when they see him since they think he really is the actor who plays Spider-Man.
@WriterAI (5202)
• Bulgaria
@Corbin5 I see.
@YrNemo (12638)
The resemblance is there, but your son is the better looking with a determined chin and focused eyes.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our son's appearance. He is also a wonderful man, and that makes us so happy.
Is the picture on here your son? I'd never heard of Toby McGuire til I read this so I had to look him up to see what he looked like.
Yes, it is in the responses. Most people do mistake him for the actor who played Spider Man. I think he grows weary of it sometimes.
There certainly is a resemblance
Well, he sure does give folks a thrill due to them thinking Spider-Man is in the house.
He does kind of look like Spider man.
Well, he sure gets a lot of attention when out and about. Oh well, what's a superhero to do?
I definitely do see a resemblance to Toby McGuire. I just have to ask...has your son ever signed autographs as Toby
I have never asked him that question. I will the next time he stops by. All I know is that people really get a kick out of seeing him if they are Spider-Man fans.
@teenspirit (1615)
• Israel
thats so cool!
Little kids love it when they think Spider-Man is right before their eyes.
@LeaPea2417 (20346)
• Toccoa, Georgia
He does look like him.
Kids and teens really freak out when they see him. Oh well, he handles it well.