Is MyLot a Friendly Place?

Nobody wants to spend time on a site with people whose temperament matches this image!
@Ruby3881 (2092)
My daughter noticed that I had returned to MyLot this week, so she asked me if I thought it was worth her while to come try out the site as well. One of her main concerns was this: will I meet people there who are inclusive and pleasant to talk to, or will the site be a place for drama, cliques, and backbiting? My answer was simple: In any community, you'll find one or two people who think they are better than everyone else. You'll find some who disagree with everyone whose beliefs are different from their own and who seek to insult or denigrate those people. You'll also find trolls and fundamentalists: people whose argument changes every time you ask a question or rebut something they've said. Generally, the only people who this type gets along with are those who share their opinions and those who play toady to them. But you ignore those people, and you enjoy all the good people who go out of their way to make everyone feel valued. I just wanted to make a point of saying I'm happy that most of my encounters with folks here at MyLot are positive ones. This site is filled with good folks who genuinely listen and consider one another's viewpoints respectfully. And those of you who fall into that category, I want you to know I appreciate you! Image: Pixabay user tpsdave, CC0
@sugartoes (30931)
• Greencastle, Indiana
you said just what needed to be said there's more good than there is bad & once she gets use to being on here she'll figure out who's who & make a lot of friends. she can hook up with me & I can give her a list of good people to interact with.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I think she would be happy to do that! You're very right that we soon discover who's who. The few people I've encountered here who made trouble for others either went their own way after people ignored them, or were removed by the admin. Even so, it's a very rare instance where anyone has to report another user here. MyLot attracts mostly people who are interested in good conversation.
I've only once encountered any unpleasantness here, and the perpetrator soon had his account deleted.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I find MyLot staff is very quick to act if anyone is outright abusive. Most times, the account is deleted even before I see the violation (e.g. a spammy PM) and report it.
@PatZAnthony (11748)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It seems most would enjoy being here. We can choose who we will connect with, what we will read, etc. so it might be a place she will enjoy.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I think she will. She likes interactions that have some substance to them, and that's mostly what we find here.
@DWDavis (11218)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I find most of my interactions on the site thought-provoking, educational, or humorous, with some good ole fashioned sharing thrown in.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I do think this is the best site I've ever encountered for conversation. I learn a lot here and I enjoy the discussions I have with other members.
It is more polite than most forums I have experienced. Interact with people who suit you and leave the rest be.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I couldn't agree more! I've had lots of very positive interactions here.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
As far as I am concerned all places have the good and bad, I have seen a lot more nicer people here than maybe on any other website that I have been a part of. Are there cliques, maybe- but they aren't a big deal if you dont let them. I would love to meet your daughter. I hope she decided to join our little myLot family.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
That's pretty much what I said to her too. This is a really positive site, but there are always a few who will create cliques or be nasty towards other users. If it's a big deal, it's remedied quickly on MyLot. Otherwise, it's best just to avoid the unpleasant person. But we do have far more wonderful folks than nasty ones.
I am happy with most of people I met here. There are a few who are a bit annoying, but you can ignore them. If they are too annoying you always have the option to block.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
Yes, I think most folks here are people who are polite, supportive, and interesting to talk to.
@Ruby3881 Absolutely, of course, as every place, you can find some rude people, but only a few.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
@LadyDuck It's very positive here. There are so few who are rude, especially as compared with some sites I've used.
I do appreciate sharing some thoughts with you here.I do enjoy interacting with the others, too.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I've always enjoyed chatting with you too, Shavkat!
@Ruby3881 Thank you, my dear. I also feel the same way.
@RubyHawk (18663)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, practically everyone I've met here are pleasant friendly people. I appreciate that too.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
It makes it a lot more interesting to spend time here, for sure!
@RubyHawk (18663)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Ruby3881 It certainly does. Nice to come in chat and relax.
@GreatMartin (4317)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have found mylot to be a fairly drama free blogging site--doesn't mean I like it!!
@Ruby3881 (2092)
Drama queen! Don't worry, you always liven things up if we get too boring
@thelme55 (9995)
I have encountered only good people here. I am glad about that.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
There are many good people here, for sure. And I like that the admin address issues promptly if they do arise. No fuss.
Its the same on any site and even in person.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
Indeed, it is! I do find some sites attract a slightly different crowd and they tend to encourage different types of interactions. MyLot is more mature and serene, I find, than some other sites.
@prashu228 (18604)
I agree with your lines, specially the second paragraph..
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I guess you've met your fair share of trolls! It's good that they don't get away with being rude here.
Mylot is a great place. I am glad that I found it. For the most part people are great. You always have a few bad apples but you he just ignore them. The good far out weighs the bad on here.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
I agree. It's a very positive site.
@shivamani10 (9393)
• Hyderabad, India
Bloggers generally will not have definite opinion. They write what others are thinking rather than what they think. That is why their statements appear quite contrary to their earlier statements. This is how they earn. We should understand them.
@Ruby3881 (2092)
Yes, I understand writing for the client/audience. But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about certain people - in real life and also online (not just bloggers) - who disagree simply to disagree. There are also some who hold so firmly to an opinion that they cannot respect any other, and who will flip from one claim to another to another in their attempts to be right all the time. Luckily, there are very few such people on MyLot.
@magnumopus (1690)
@Ruby3881 Very well said and an accurate description of myLot dynamics!
@Ruby3881 (2092)
We are lucky to have a site that encourages conversations that have substance to them. It's uncommon these days.
yes, mostly it is a very positive place.