What do you think about violent video games?

@Joey88 (82)
Luton, England
I think playing with violent video games can be stress-reducing. I totally agree with it because usually the normal/neutral games can get me angry.
I think it is not suitable for kiddies.
@Joey88 (82)
• Luton, England
You are right of course, however there are very fun and colorful, so called "violent" games for children as well. You wouldn't think of them as violent, but they have their own kind of violence. Such as spyro the dragon and any other cartoon game for below teens. You just have to find the one which you feel okay with for your kids! :)
@Joey88 I hope it will not change their childish behavior to bad. I agree it is so inviting to play this game.
I think they are harmless fun. I enjoy them from time to time.
@m_audrey6788 (13825)
It is not for me ..maybe because I really do not like brutal games but for my husband, It is the same as you, but most of the time he loves playing the Thief games and car racings
@Joey88 (82)
• Luton, England
Thief is a good game to get you thinking about your surroundings and how you will execute your strategy!
@Joey88 hmmmm..oh I guess you are right on that..I also love to play bowling on XBOX games
@mandala100 (39203)
I hope that all the minor or children stay out of such violent games or such kind of games be off-limits to children.
@Joey88 (82)
• Luton, England
Unfortunately most parents just don't give a crap about what their kids do, modern society's large problem is because of this. Of course games have these rules and restrictions, but they are easily bypassed by todays smarter and smarter small children. By the way, I love Korean/Japanese/Chinese video games, they are among the best with so much color and story!
that might be one way to reduce stress but certainly NOT the most effective as now the person watching and interacting with the violence, has fed into violence being a way to handle their reactions to stress. Agree or not ?
@Tierkreisze (1363)
They're great. Kids just need to be guided when playing those games. At the very least, they would have an idea of what is actually bad and what is not.