Favorite "Moon" Songs #3 - "Moonchild"

Denver, Colorado
We have reached rarefied air in my Favorite "Moon" Songs series, and you had to figure that at some point, although I came close with both The Cult and Love and Rockets, that I was going to break out the goth. #3 in the countdown belongs to "Moonchild" by Fields of the Nephilim. Led by vocalist Carl McCoy, Fields of the Nephilim (the name comes from the Book of Genesis) were, as the All Music Guide put it, the "most believable" of the goth genre. Shrouded in liquid smoke, the band performed dressed as if they'd just walked off the set of For a Few Dollars More, playing a brand of tight, in your face goth rock. I've used "Moonchild" before, but it bears repeated using. The Nephilim were (actually, are, as they are still at it,) as far as I'm concerned, the best goth band out there (yet, oddly, not my absolute favorite, that would be The Mission. Is that weird?) "Moonchild" finds the band at their finest. Great goth from the ultimate goth group. (Info verified by Wikipedia)
From the forthcoming "Ceromonies" DVD © 2012 Sacred Symphony . Sheerfaith . Emi http://www.fields-of-the-nephilim.com/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ceromonies-Mor...
That would be so much greatness to see them!
• Denver, Colorado
They are one of the bands left on my I Really Want To See list. I don't know if they've even ever come to Denver before.
@crossbones27 (21981)
• Redlands, California
Sounds like a fun band to see live.
• Denver, Colorado
I would love to see these guys.
@FourWalls (15843)
"Most believable"? Okay, if All Music Guide says so.....
• Denver, Colorado
Ah, yes, but they speak the truth.
Good choice. The suspense builds to the top two picks.
• Denver, Colorado
I think you'll like them.
I don't think I know this one.
• Denver, Colorado
Unless you were listening to a lot of goth, I would say you probably wouldn't. Not exactly a mainstream band.
I don`t know this one but its goth and I don`t know much about Goth, although about 10 years ago I dyed my hair solid black and kept it that way for a few years, why? My stalker was copying me so I went to the extteme to see if she would follow, I am afraid she did not go that far .
• Denver, Colorado
That's too bad. You could have had some real fun with her.