Instant Friendship

Lori (right) and me after a good lunch and fun time at lunch today.  Photo taken by and the property of FourWalls.
@FourWalls (11425)
More than one time you've probably heard someone say that they met someone and instantly felt as though they'd known them all their lives. That's exactly how I felt when I met our myLotter @LoriAMoore this afternoon for lunch. She pulled in and instantly recognized my car. She obviously recognized me, too, because I told her I don't look anything like my dog pictured in my avatar. We had lunch at City BBQ, which is a chain of quick-serve, sit-down restaurants with good southern cooking. Almost instantly I saw how much we have in common: she's married, I'm single; I love country music, she hates it; she had pork, I'm allergic to it so I had chicken. Separated at birth, huh? Seriously, the commonalities surfaced almost as if drawn by an invisible magnet. We talked about myLot (including about @JolietJake but only said good things for fear of Scar slashing our tires), being a Kentuckian (it may surprise you that we both wore shoes, had teeth, and ate with utensils!!), and the seriousness of our common ailment (depression). The food was good. The conversation was fun. The hour went way, way too quickly. And the company was spectacular.
That is wonderful that you guys had such a great time!
• Olney, Illinois
How was the coughee?
@FourWalls (11425)
I told you, I don't drink coughee. Why do you think they threw me out of the Navy?? We did discuss the importance of coffee in the Navy, however, and how most sailors' blood is type C (caffeinated).
• Olney, Illinois
@FourWalls I know you don't, that's why I asked
@FourWalls Guess you will have to do this more often! If you ever get to Michigan let me know. We could set up an opportunity for 2 more Mylotters to meet you!
That is wonderful. Glad you ladies had such a great time together.
@shivamani10 (11156)
• Hyderabad, India
Really interesting to read about your meeting with each other. What is that you are wearing in your neck. The pendant is awesome....Is there any story for that? Did you discuss it with LonAmoor?
@FourWalls (11425)
That's a fleur-de-lis that Lori is wearing. It's the symbol of the city. We think of ourselves as French chic here because the city was named for King Louis XVI.
• Denmark
I have no preconceptions concerning Kentuckians but you're giving me ideas . . .
@KrauseHome (34153)
Nice... There are quite a few people here I would Love to meet in person and be able to share in common things
So glad you enjoyed meeting eachother Four Walls.
Sounds like it was fun!
You agreed on being Wildcats fans?
I'm happy that you two had meet. congratulations.
Sounds like a wonderful time and glad you have that friendship
I am so glad y'all had such a good time! It sounds lovely. =)
Sounded like fun!
@PatZAnthony (11971)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is so nice that you were able to meet in person! Hope you continue your friendship @FourWalls
@Shiva49 (10808)
Nice to hear about the good things in life - the little mercies, in a way, among the fast paced life - siva
This sounds like quite a meeting of the minds. Glad it was fun and that you both had so much in common. Hehe