What Did You Read in May?

Winston Salem, North Carolina
For a while the number of plates I was spinning had been greatly reduced. The break was short-lived. Once again my time and energy is being spread between a number of commitments that demand a lot of my time and attention. As a result my book list for the month of May is significantly shorter than it has been for earlier months. 35. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis Christian literature. Kindle book read aloud with my daughter--165 pages 36. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown Thriller Library audiobook. 17 hours 47 minutes. 37. Lawrence in Arabia by Scott Anderson History/politics--WWI. Library audiobook. 23 hours 45 min. 38. The Hawk and the Dove by Penelope Wilcock Religious fiction. Kindle book --177 pages. Did you read anything interesting last month? The photo shows one reason I haven't spent as much time reading.
I am reading the old crime mysteries from Agatha Christie, I have read four last months, I forgot how interesting they are.
I haven't read Agatha Christie books in years. Would they still be interesting to reread now?
@Marilynda1225 some of them are more dated than others. But I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the ones I've read in recent months.
I've only become an Agatha Christie fan in the last couple of years. They are riveting!
@UncleJoe (9970)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, yes. I read a million pages of medical instructions. I hope I don't have to read any more for a while.
@UncleJoe (9970)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@unclejoe awwww
What a cute dog. I hope he gets lots of walks.
She gets lots of walking time. It's a work in progress though. Sometimes she tries to drag me, other times I end up practically dragging her .
I read six books in May. All mysteries including two Agatha Christie's.
I'm not a big fan of mysteries, but in the last couple of years I have enjoyed a few Agatha Christie novels. I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
@prashu228 (25811)
No, I just read mylot a lot last month. Have a great day
I seem to be spending less and less time here. I get much more accomplished around the house when I listen to audio books.
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
I read a book on Sigmund Freud. His life and his achievement and contribution to the psychology.
I need to read more biographies.
My list is short also, I can think of three.
Do you remember the titles?
I slacked off on my reading in May too and just started The Family Tree by Susan Wiggs ( so far its good)
I've already put two books on my list for June. Books that should have been finished last week already, but life has been busy.
@Julie555 (2551)
I was reading OHenry stories and Alexandr Green stories previous month
I have a Kindle copy of the complete Ohenry short stories that I'm working my way through. I love his work!
@Julie555 (2551)
@Platespinner He is amazing/ I love his style
I started reading Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. I hope to finish it before June ends.
I should put that one on my to-read list!
@dramagirl26 (3360)
• Ringgold, Virginia
In May, I finished Behind Her Eyes and Stolen Valentine Kiss. Plus, I'm still reading Fifty Shades Darker and started a new book called True Ghosts. I've been slacking in my reading and trying to catch up.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
And that photo is a good enough reason to neglect reading! I've had lots of distractions. Ploughing my way through Virginia Woolf's diaries. And reading Sidney Poitier's Measure of a Man.
i haven't been reading much, i hate to admit. i have some yoga materials for training, so i'm currently reading that. I read some chick lit book called "Can you keep a secret?" and i don't even remember now what it was about... ha ha. must not have had much of an impact on me. no wi'm reading a mystery called Good Girl.
I read a fantastic book called "Follow the River". It is a true story about a woman that was taken by the Indians in the 1700's . A lot of the story takes place near our West Virginia home.
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@Platespinner I read a great history book that describes in detail how the British government. plundered India .The book presents an authentic account of colonial rule in our country.The book is in my mother tongue Hindi.
I've read The Great Divorce - great book. My only read was and is The Battle Plan for Prayer by the Kendrick's brothers. I'm reading it through for the second time and I'll be starting it over in a few days.