Strenuous to say the least

@Inlemay (16766)
South Africa
Its been a month since I am back from our travels and my knees and legs are only starting to feel better now. I received a copy of a travel magazine last week which indicated that the Hike my hubby and I did in the mountains was of a strenuous kind, and that "The chain ladders are not for the scared of heights, but can be avoided if necessary - There are two sets of parallel ladders, each with two sections (40m and 20m respectively). The gully is the other option, but we chose not to do it. I have put together a little photo clip of the hike for you to enjoy - it was a 7 to 8 hour hike of 13km zigzag climbing, which was a gradual climb of 450m. It was definitely one of the most difficult adventures that I have ever done, but I am glad to have done it. Will I try it again? NO! It left me with aching legs, bleeding and broken toe-nails, and the hamstrings that needed full time physio for a week. Kalimera to everyone - its happy Friday and I am about to go and have tea with a friend. Maybe a slice of pecan-nut pie will do just fine.
I created this video with the YouTube Slideshow Creator (https://www.youtube.com/upload)
This is something I could never do, I can climb, but not use a steep ladder, I suffer of vertigo.
@Inlemay (16766)
• South Africa
As I had already hiked more than 3/4 of the way, I felt it would have been a total defeat not trying to go up. The coming down was worse, but luckily I didnt know that till I was done.
@Inlemay Coming down is always harder, the more steep a mountain is, the harder is to come down.
• Denmark
Gosh, how horrible! Only thinking about climbing up and down such ladders gives me the heebie-jeebies.
I agree, the simple idea makes me sick.
@Inlemay (16766)
• South Africa
I was brave and didnt dare to look down - held on tight and just went up . . then later came down
Glad to hear you had a fun adventure, no way am I going up a ladder up no mountain lol.
@Inlemay (16766)
• South Africa
ha ha If I hadnt gone more than 3/4 way already I probably wouldnt have done it either
@prashu228 (23408)
I afraid of heights
@SophieY (863)
• South Africa
Awesome - I have just written about my friend who has climbed Kilimanjaro - any luck you might be heading there next
@Inlemay (16766)
• South Africa
Not on your Nelly
@SophieY (863)
• South Africa
@Inlemay he he he
Wow, what an adventure that was, you must be very proud of yourself for completing it. Hilarious that they can't spell 'point'.
@Inlemay (16766)
• South Africa
there are a few hilarious moments one needs te remember on a hike like this - the spelling error was just one of them
wow, that looks like an amazing adventure
Fabulous slide show. I loved all those great views. There's no way anyone would get me to climb those ladders. You are not feint hearted.
@ptrikha_2 (5907)
Yes very strenuous and tough indeed! I will not try it for sure:) I can instead try for a hiking without this kind of rock climbing. So how is your condition now?
@hereandthere (25137)
congratulations. i doubt my arms could support me enough to go up that chain ladder. i watched the video with mouth agape at how big and high it was, then blink and giggled when i saw "view piont." hee-hee. how did you end up with bleeding and broken toenails?
@BettyB (4268)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I'm glad you completed the hike, but I think I'll pass.
What a breathtaking place.