The Older We Get......

I love Fridays. I always have, its always been my most favorite day of the week. When I was a child it signaled a couple of days off from school. When my Dad was planting the crops, he was up before we were for school and not back in until after dark, long after I had gone to bed. So Friday meant that I had just 1 more sleep and I'd see my Dad on the weekend when he came into the house for dinner-the big noon time meal on a farm. Then as a teenager and young adult, Friday signaled the start of the weekend and always meant social outings. And then as young parents, it signaled the last day of our work weeks, and planning our precious two days off together. Now, the older we get, we look forward to Friday for rest. Yes, rest! Some weeks it seems like a lot just to make it thru the day, due to our ages, and of course these are 5 day work weeks. So that is a lot of getting thru before Friday rolls around. I am looking forward to a nice and quiet weekend this time around, what about you?
I´m retired, but I still have the nice feeling about Fridays. Besides, many of my friends still work so it is the time to see them.
You're lucky, we are in the home stretch, but we want to work as long as possible, and we're not quite in our mid 50's yet.
@Juliaacv My 2 daughters are around that age
@marguicha You certainly don't look it from your profile picture! But then again, because of our hair colour, we look a lot older then we actually are.
Friday's are good days and I'm hoping for a good weekend. However, there are lightning bolts on the weather map for the weekend, both days, so it looks like a wet one. Today is good and sunny, so I'll take it. We're also in the 80's these two days. So good weather to start a rainy weekend. I hope you have that nice relaxing weekend you're hoping for.
I hope so too, I do have to work on Saturday, to make up for a day off that I had at the start of the week. But Sunday will be a relaxing day I'm hoping.
@Juliaacv I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
@just4him Thank you, and I hope the very same for you as well!
This is a lovely photo of you is it Julia? Yes Friday is a special day. I love Sundays the best.
Yes, this is a picture of my husband and I out walking along the beach. I feel so dragged out after my tummy flu that I am thankful that the weekend is here so that I can recharge my batteries so to speak! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, only 2 more days until Sunday, your favorite day!
@Juliaacv It is such a lovely capture that photo and the beach is lovely. Hope you too have a lovely weekend coming up Julia. Thanks for sharing that photo.
@TiarasOceanView Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say, I was a little disappointed because I have some lip stain smeared on my teeth, guess I should have smiled a little smaller and nobody would have noticed!
When I have the weekend off I always look forward to it. Rain, shine, or even the dirty word of snow, I am good with relaxing if I can. Had to work this weekend. Thankfully I am off at 1:00 today. Hoping to go visit my mother after I pick up Little Miss. The sun is shining right now, but it may rain later in the day. Oh well, I have an umbrella.
I know what you mean, I've always worked in an environment that is open 24/7. I was off yesterday but have to work today, in fact I start a day stretch. Next weekend I will be off, Saturday, July 1st is Canada Day and I have 5 days off. Have fun visiting your mother later on.
@Juliaacv we had a lovely visit with Mom. We went outside and sat in the gazebo. The weather was lovely for being outside. She was delighted to see her great-granddaughter. It brings her such joy to watch her run about and play.
@ElusiveButterfly When I worked with the elderly I used to have a day care bring their kids over once a month for some fun interactions.
@m_audrey6788 (13818)
Same here..I remember wishing that everyday is Friday ..I thought when you have your own family Friday is still the same as other days but not for me..It is also my day to sleep late at night and not worried to wake up late on saturdays
I LOVE sleep in Saturdays, they are my favorites!
@Juliaacv hehehe..same here ..We need a day off sometimes
When I was a student, we went to school on Saturday morning, so Friday was not a special day, Saturday was my favorite day.
Yes, I can see that Saturday would become your favorite, its during our youth that we develop these favorites isn't it?
@Juliaacv Yes, absolutely. When I started to work, I worked on Saturday morning also, so I developed a favoritism for Saturday afternoon as the free day before Sunday.
@annierose (17692)
I am looking forward too on the same nice and quiet weekend. I think I will be busy since opening of classes is going to start soon. I will be preparing lesson plans, visual aids, and will save tons of patience.
Don't work too hard!
@annierose (17692)
@Juliaacv Haha! I wish but I have a very demanding job.
If only everyone worked m-f. Growing up my mom often worked weekends so we didnt have two days of family time. She still doesnt work m-f. Neither does my brother. Their days off switch every week. It really annoying. But i dont really like fridays anymore as nothing to do over the weekends now that my little cousins dont come around.
I don't get every weekend off either, but the majority of people seem to, and so everyone feels very happy on Fridays, which I do like.
@Juliaacv true i guess.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I'm no longer working, but I still look forward to the weekends. I try to get all the errands run, housework and gardening done during the week so we can relax on the weekend. It's the best time to catch up with my sisters as well. They still work so they're too tired to talk on the weekdays. I'm more likely to see my sons on the weekend as well.
I'll probably be like that when I retire too. I'm in no rush, I tried it a few years ago, but found out that I was too young for it, so I'm no longer in a rush, life passes quickly enough.
Even though I'm retired Fridays still make me smile
I hope that I will always look forward to them.
Fridays are no different from any other day for me
I'm a decade away from living that life, but someday.....
I always look forward to the weekends now since I don't work on Saturdays anymore.
That must be a wonderful feeling.
I like your curls. I am a lady of leisure and so any day can be a monday, a tuesday whatever..............That reminds me of a song by Connie Francis
Connie Francis : Never On A Sunday : Souvenirs (1996) La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la… (Oso...
Thank you!
I love nice and quiet weekends too. Yes, Friday always has pleasant memories attached to it for me too.
So many people feel this way, and generally people are just happier on Fridays!
We are retired and have been for a while and every day is like a holiday to us.
Neither one of us could do it yet, we'd get bored too easily. And I have such a fear of out-living our retirement savings. But retirement is definitely on the 10 year horizon.
@josie_ (6599)
With four grandchildren living with us (their parents are OFW or Overseas Filipino Workers) Every day of the week is the same. I enjoy their company but they can be a handful sometimes.
I'm sure that you have your hands full, little ones are so busy and need so much of our attention.
@shivamani10 (11129)
• Hyderabad, India
I am still recollecting the memories of Fridays. This is a lucky day for me also. I never miss it to spend time out. Even on these days, I pray in a quiet atmosphere on Fridays and it gives me mental alertness and strong. The more I pray the stronger I feel. Some Fridays are meant for seeing movies if children insist. I never deny them.
That is a nice way to spend your Friday. Have a great weekend!