Be Like Bo!

Our rescue dog before Thinks-She-Is-A-Princess Molly was a Collie/Shepherd mix we named Bo. Bo grew into a big dog. A 110-pounder he was. Bo was a laid-back marvelous mutt; a dog who knew how to chill. Molly has no idea how to chill, and she has not a laid-back bone in her little dog body. 1. Bo did not insist we go out into the backyard, time and time again, during the day and early evening hours to watch him beat up a stuffed dog toy, but Molly does. 2. Bo did not stare at us for 30 minutes or more to get us to do whatever it was he wanted us to do, but Molly does. 3. Bo had no problem with us leaving him for a few hours each day, but Molly does. 4. Bo did not cry upon seeing his dog dad pull the car out of the driveway and drive away without him, but Molly does. 5. Bo did not sniff the ever-lovin' daylights out of every spot on the ground on an outdoor walk making an ordinary walk evolve into a walk that would try the patient of a saint, but Molly does. 6. Bo did not plant his four paws to the ground during a walk and refuse to move because the direction of the walk chosen by the owner was not to his liking, but Molly does. 7. Bo did not give us the cold shoulder for an entire day if we, perish the thought, gave his furry coat a good brushing, but Molly does. 8. Bo did not yank the leash out of our hands when we least expected to chase a rabbit, squirrel, or wandering cat, but Molly does. 9. Bo did not look at us with disgust if we walked into the kitchen while he was eating from his dog dish, but Molly does. 10. Bo did not think he was in charge in our home, but Molly does. 11. Bo did not have to dragged or carried into the groomer's or into the veterinarian's office in protest, but Molly does. Lately, whenever Molly does one of her annoying things, I now say, "Be like Bo." I am also going to have a T-shirt made that has the words "Be Like Bo" on the front to further get the message across to Molly. Good thing we love Molly as much as we loved Bo!
Never compare one pet to another . That is just wrong.. Poor Molly. Just kidding.
Yes, they are all unique. Molly is just more of a pain than Bo.
@Corbin5 That's ok you got to love her anyway.
Bo sounded like a wonderful dog. They both have unique personalities. I know you love Molly very much and wouldn't really want to change her. She wouldn't be Molly then. Remember, Molly can't read.
Yes, Molly does struggle with reading, but we will keep working on it. She just needs to learn to read those three words.
@Corbin5 Maybe she needs word association. If she sees the shirt, she will associate the words on it with being like Bo and will try to be more like him. Though I wouldn't count on it. She is stubborn after all.
@just4him Well, it is worth a try!!
Funny, they seem like complete opposites in personalities.
I know. Molly is nothing like Bo. Bo was easy; Molly is a challenge.
She is a stubborn dog, but she is lovely. No dog is similar to another, but this is not a reason not to love all them.
Yes, Molly is unique and she really is a well-loved pup, just a bit of a pain.
@Corbin5 Poor Molly, she surely is unique.
@LadyDuck An odd duck for sure.
@UncleJoe (9753)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Can Molly read?
Yes, she can read. It took a bit of a different teaching style to teach Molly to read, but dog treats were the key to her learning how to read the written word. I am so proud of her.
@UncleJoe (9753)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Corbin5 That is wonderful. My dog could read too but my kids couldn't.
Bo sounds like he was great. I understand what you are saying. I had a dog and cat before Sophie. They were easy to raise and love. Sophie is a real challenge. Don't get me wrong I care about her and want what is best for her, but she is a challenge. I guess easy again is not in the cards for me. Deborah you are right that good thing you love Molly as much as you loved Bo. I feel that way about my Sophie too. I could not live without her.
Oh we adore Molly, just like Bo, but Molly needs so much more attention from us than Bo did. Bo was one very relaxed dog, and Molly is a very active dog.
@Corbin5 Deborah, I understand. My dog and cat had before Sophie were easy to take care of. Sophie gets into things and also have rescue her and I am a lot older now than I was when I had my dog and cat.
OMG! It sounds as if Molly is Doodles!
Well, so glad I am not suffering alone regarding the care of a pet who is a bit of an odd duck.
@Corbin5 Join the club!
@RubyHawk (23521)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I suppose every dog has his own personality. Too bad Molly isn't mor like Bo.
Molly does need to chill a bit. Quite a needy little girl pup.
@RubyHawk (23521)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Corbin5 Gotta love them anyway.
Lol. Both sound lovely dogs.
Molly is much more work than Bo was. She is our first girl pup, and of course, girls are high maintenance. If I had it to do over, I would have gone with another boy dog.
@dramagirl26 (3360)
• Ringgold, Virginia
Bo and Molly sound like good dogs. It's amazing how different the pets personalities can be.
I wonder if Molly is so different because she is a girl dog. All our other dogs were boys and so laid back, but not Molly.
@quantum2020 (8882)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Molly gives you lots to think about and that is her own doggy characteristic. You should be having a great time with Molly
She has become less bossy since she is now 7 years old. We do love her and she does make us laugh every day.
@xstitcher (11288)
• Petaluma, California
LOL--our first dog, Winky, was obedient and smart the dogs we've had since (while we loved them all) not so much. I've said to every one of them more than once, "Why can't you be more like Winky ?"
Oh good. I am glad to know you say that to your dog. Wish Molly were more like Bo, but we do love her despite her being so stubborn at times.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Bo sounded like a treasure. Hopefully Molly will settle down some. I would love to get another dog but it would have to be like Bo. With my luck I would end up with a Molly x two.
Molly is not for those who want to sit back and enjoy a pup. She is a hassle most of the time, but good thing she has that cuteness-factor.
• Pamplona, Spain
Molly could have had the same Mom as what ours had then. He sniffs every square inch of the ground yes.
You may be right. The sniffing thing sure makes for one very long walk.
@sallypup (26679)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Both fur kids are precious.
Yes, Bo was wonderful, and Molly does have her own positives too.
@OreoBrownie (3532)
• Elberton, Georgia
Bo was a very good dog.
He really was. We miss him to this very day.
@Lizzyib (453)
Ha! What a great t-shirt idea and motto. The dog I have right now is exactly like Bo, he's very super chill. I've had some no so chill dogs as well so I know where you're coming from with Molly
Yes, Molly sure was a change for us. Our 4 former rescue dogs were boys, and they were so easy-going. Not Molly.
Yes good thing you do love Molly lolThats why I am glad I had a boy lol
I know. Our 4 former boy dogs were so laid back. Not girl dog Molly.
@shivamani10 (11233)
• Hyderabad, India
Every Dog is having his own characteristics. We can not make any comparison.
Yes, Molly is nothing like the 4 other boy rescue dogs we had. Maybe her being a girl is why she is so different.
My previous dog Beau..was a bit of a problem child as well. At least he could entertain himself though..and never ate inamanite objects..but Jax the little dog who the owner decided he couldn't part with is very sweet, although he is a real Toykiller..His middle name is toykiller.
Toykiller is the perfect middle name for Jax!!!