Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 267 Proverbs 24:30 Proverbs 24:30 I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; 31 And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. 32 Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction. 33 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travels; and thy want as an armed man. We live in a divided world – the haves and the have nots. Those who have will always find a way to have more. Those who have not will look for ways to take from those who have. Solomon called the have nots, slothful. Another term would be lazy. Unwilling to work for what you want. A dreamer – someone who always has grandiose ideas of how they intend to get what they want, but never do anything about getting it. You can drive down any neighborhood in any country in the world and see the division between the haves and the have nots. Those who have live in nice homes. Their lawns or gardens are beautifully landscaped. They have good jobs and work hard for everything they have. Those who have not live in dilapidated houses. Their lawns aren’t beautifully landscaped, in fact you might find debris of all kinds on their porches and in their yards. If they do work, their wages aren’t much and they are forever crying over the state of their income, but they aren’t willing to do anything about it because they like telling everyone they don’t have. Those who have not believe they can’t get out of their way of life. They were doomed to struggle for everything they get. Those who have not tend to take from the haves and then end up in the prison system. There is also a divided world when it comes to Christianity. Those who have accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord, and those who have not. Those who have live a life dedicated to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, and telling everyone they can about the way of salvation. Those who have not reject Jesus as Savior and Lord will find their eternity different from those who have. Jesus said he came to seek and save those who were lost. He doesn’t want anyone to perish, but for all people everywhere to come to the knowledge of him and receive eternal life. Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (KJV) 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (KJV) John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV) It is easy to change your lifestyle from the have nots to the haves and accept Jesus as Savior and Lord. Let’s pray: Father, help me show you and your will to those around me. Help me proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to those who have never heard about you and your wonderful plan of salvation. Help me change a few lifestyles as people embrace your plan of salvation for the first time. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 3 June 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@jobelbojel (8613)
Amen. Thank you for the beautiful study. Jesus is love. I accepted Him as my savior. I am with Him because I am not against Him.
I'm glad you were blessed by the study. To God be the glory.
@just4him yes, thank you. I will give time in reading your daily study.
@jobelbojel I am God's vessel. It is his Word and his words flow through me to bring you the study. I do not take any credit for what God does through me.
There are many people who are willing to work - but cannot get jobs and there are many rich people who gained wealth - not through hard work, but by devious means.
Yes there are. I was not referring to those who are willing but can't find jobs as being in the have not side of things. I believe they would be on the have side. They are willing. You will always find people rich and poor on the have not side of the fence. God knows the means they took to get where they are.
@just4him Yes, God knows everything.
@Nawsheen (22955)
• Mauritius
Thank you for sharing. I appreciated it
My pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed the study.
@prashu228 (25501)
Amen..
I'm glad you enjoyed the study.