Past Decisions

My Son
@nanette64 (17715)
Fairfield, Texas
When I was 15 I got pregnant after 'one' encounter and gave him up for adoption. When I was 49 that boy named Michael contacted me wanting to know if I was willing to have a relationship with him. I said, "Well hell yeah." Michael was stationed at a Marine base in California and said he would be coming to Fort Hood here in Texas and we would be able to meet. I was thrilled. A few weeks later I was informed by my daughter (who Michael had also been in contact with), that Michael had committed suicide. Come to find out, my husband had been calling him and telling him I didn't want to have anything to do with him and don't bother coming and a whole bunch of other despicable garbage. My daughter, Mom and Dad flew to California for the funeral and met Michael's adopted parents; who according to my daughter were fantastic people. I wasn't able to attend because when I found out what my husband had done, it resulted in a massive fight. I was too physically damaged to go. I never got to meet my son under any circumstances. Past decisions can come back to haunt you.
You have been through so much Nanette. This is really heartbreaking. He was a very handsome lad..so sorry for your terrible loss of your beloved son. That x husband will pay for his bad deeds.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
He was good-looking; no doubt @TiarasOceanView . I'm sure 'hubby' is in a 'bad' place.
@nanette64 Yes he surely is and you made sure he would never hurt anyone again.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TiarasOceanView What's that term: "Ultimate Justice".
wow!that is terrible.I am so sorry Nan.It is too bad that you never got to see him before t h is happens
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
It still breaks my heart @amadeo .
Such heartbreak for you my friend, and for all those who knew and loved Michael. One will really never know the exact reasons why Michael ended his life, I believe. I am so sorry for the loss of your son.
@TheSojourner (17442)
Reading this story and the subsequent thread, I am saddened by the events in your life that have brought this whole thing to existence at all. Your son was a great looking Marine. Very handsome. I am so sorry to hear about all of this happened. This is the first time I've read anything like this
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Michael was definitely a 'hot tamale' @CoralLevang . I have been through a lot in my time; maybe I should write a book.
@nanette64 I think you should write that book.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
@CoralLevang Entitled: A True Story; Life in Hell.
Oh my goodness, do your ex husband realize that he is a killer? I cannot believe what he did.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Probably not @LadyDuck as he thought the world revolved around him.
@nanette64 I cannot understand why your son did not call you, as he did to ask if you wanted to meet him.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
@LadyDuck The problem was is that I was having to drive 2 hrs to and from work everyday and was working a 10 hour shift while my husband sat on his a** at home drinking. The house phone was the only phone we had so that made it easy for my husband to have handled any calls from my son. He would have never even told me that Michael had called. If it wasn't for the fact that Michael spoke to my daughter, Dad and Mom, I would have never found out the truth of what my husband had said or done.
I'm so very sorry that you never got to meet your son. How despicable your husband was.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me too @DianneN and always will. I was extremely non-emotional when I took the spouse 'out'. I guess that's why they charged me with Murder even though at the time there were a lot of other circumstances.
@nanette64 Did you really? I've heard of cases like that, and the women were okay lawwise. I hope you were, too. He must have been an abusive SOB!
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DianneN And you would think with a female judge it would have turned out differently. But oh no, she states in court documents that, "I should have been hung on the town square." The charge was reduced to Criminal Negligent Homicide (which she really didn't want to do). 5 years probation, community service, $3,000 Court Costs, $3,000 probation fees and $7,000 to a worthless attorney. And yes, I am still considered a Felon.
Wow, quite a sad story. How did you husband get in touch with the boy? Is that the husband who beat you?
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
My son originally found my Dad and my Dad gave my son my number. We spoke several times (with my husband listening in), so my son's number was on caller ID. And yes, he is the SOB @AbbyGreenhill .
@nanette64 That must have been horrible all the way around.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill It was and I'll never forget any of it.
I hope that husband is now your ex. What a horrible horrible man he was to do that. I hope he will forever live with the knowledge that he caused a young man to kill himself. I am so sorry that you were never able to meet your son.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
I made sure in 2004 that my husband went 6-ft under @ScribbledAdNauseum . Boy was he surprised when the bullet hit. I regret never being able to meet my son.
@nanette64 I am sure that was very empowering, and cathartic to do as well. I am sorry that you regret not being able to meet your son but, unfortunately, that wasn't something you could have changed. What your ex did was disgusting, selfish, and well, he ultimately got what was coming to him.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
@nanette64 Your ex really is a monster to do such a thing! Sorry for your loss. Praying for all concerned.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
"was" @Berniezeitler . I made sure I opened the gate to the underworld for him.
@nanette64 Your ex was likely already there. I doubt you opened the gate. Each person opens their own path.
@hostessman (9609)
• Tucson, Arizona
that is so sad, it would have been great to have met your son after all those years,,,i am so sorry
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @hostessman . I'm glad he at least reached out and we got to talk a few times.
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
This is so sad. I am so sorry that this happened and you never got a chance to meet your son. It wasn't right of your husband to call him and say those things to him.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @dodo19 . My husband was the biggest jerk (and other expletives) on this planet.
@Ruby3881 (2000)
What a tragic story! I think your husband was way out of line and it sounds as if maybe he was abusive of you too. I know nothing can heal the pain of losing Michael. I just hope you are safe now.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
My husband was an absolute (you know what) @Ruby3881 . And after 17 years of brutality, I took care of 'business' permanently.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I would of divorced him right then and there.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
It wasn't too long after that that I shot him @thislittlepennyearns .
@FourWalls (14226)
I'm sorry. That sounds so superficial, but there's little else to say. This is why one of the Ten Commandments says not to lie. Look at the damage it caused.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
People just don't realize what their actions can cause @FourWalls . And in his case having control over everything and everybody was his goal.
Oh Nanette, what an absolutely heart-breaking story. Your husband deserved what he got (I remember the enthralling story you wrote about it).
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
"What goes around, comes around" @jaboUK . If I could bring that creep back, I'd plug him several more times.
@Lizzyib (624)
That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to read on this site. You are so strong to have been through so much.
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Lizzyib . The one thing my Dad taught me was to have "intestinal fortitude" or GUTS!!! That's the only thing that's gotten me through some of the things that have happened.
I wonder if he had other problems which along with what your husband said resulted in him going over the edge. Very sad.
That is so sad, I dont know what to say! Are you still married to that man?
@nanette64 (17715)
• Fairfield, Texas
Nope, I took 'him out' in 2004 @andriaperry ; literally. Criminal Negligent Homicide is what I wound up with instead of the original Murder charge.
That is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. My heart goes out to you. My roomie had a daughter he barely knew he had contact him. She said she wanted to have a relationship, and then after a few phone calls..she just went back to her life. I think she just had a curiosity and once it was satisfied she didn't want to have anything else to do with him. I am sure it was hard for him..but he wasn't really a father to his children. That was a terrible thing your husband did.
@DWDavis (11681)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am so sorry. I cannot imagine why your husband would do such a despicable thing.