Now I Know Why...

@tallawah (8604)
Kingston, Jamaica
Marty was known to be unfaithful to his wife. It was something about him that 'everyone' knew and like a wart, we tried to overlook. This evening I was collected for a function by Marty and the aforesaid wife. The drive to the venue was not very long, but long enough to answer the 'Why.' This woman was not merely miserable, not merely dominating, but the kind of person that no one would want to 'go home to.' During the short drive, Mrs. Marty continued a conversation with her husband, totally ignoring me. It was the kind of 'don't argue' monologue which was so totally exclusionary that I might as well have ridden in the trunk. She gave Marty, who was a nice, jovial guy, when she wasn't there, his 'orders' and I made sure I was as far from him and her as I could be, sitting way way over there with others. When it was time to leave, she had made a decision to go with others to a different venue, and Marty had to race me home and then return to suit her arrangements. Knowing her husband had promised to transport me to the venue, one assumed she could have been a bit more friendly, at least cordial. Knowing her husband would have to drop me home, how could she have made contradictory arrangements? Did she expect him to abandon me? That I would have to beg a lift from others? Take a cab? Now I know why Marty hates to go home, and why he is unfaithful.
It always seems a pity to me that someone would waste their life in such misery. I guess people have their 'reasons' for staying together..baffling.
@tallawah (8604)
• Kingston, Jamaica
To me it is more 'inertia' than anything else. He feels he can't start over or do anything except continue. I can understand it.
@tallawah At least he gets some respite by cheating.
@tallawah (8604)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TiarasOceanView He hates to go home, and he tries to make the most of every social occasion.
@RubyHawk (25455)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Some people are just too rude to bother with. I wouldn't want to go home either.
@tallawah (8604)
• Kingston, Jamaica
It wasn't until last night that I completely understood the why of it all. She's quite repulsive
@RubyHawk (25455)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@tallawah I wouldn't chose that lady for a friend.
@tallawah (8604)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@RubyHawk I dont ever want to be in that situation again..
@josie_ (7348)
Their marriage might have originally been "made in heaven" but it's now obviously purgatory and dropping fast into the fires of hell.
@tallawah (8604)
• Kingston, Jamaica
It is kind of like he is so eroded that I can understand why he would need to find other places to be and people to talk to.