Uh oh, more dental work!

By Lola
@Lolaze (3116)
I had my dental check up a few days ago. Even though I had two root canals recently, I was expecting bad news. I was correct. I have five cavities - three of them are where I've clenched my teeth so much that I've cracked fillings my dentist did two years ago. She wasn't too thrilled with me destroying her handiwork! I also have a permanent mental piece glued to the back of my front teeth. Yep....I managed to break that too! So I'm going to be having dental work into the middle of July. Once I'm all fixed up, she wants to fit me with clear retainers to wear all the time since I clench my teeth mostly during the day. I'm joking that I'm sending my former boss the bill for this, since she's the cause of all the stress
@Lizzyib (453)
Ha ha bosses are responsible for teeth grinding and all grey hairs as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I can convince mine to pay half my salon bill :D
@Lolaze (3116)
Well hopefully by the end of the summer we shall see my former boss on the news wearing some shiny new bracelets (handcuffs) and many of us will feel much less stressed. A friend joked about sending her bills for massages as well.
@Lizzyib (453)
@Lolaze Mmmhmmm massages and therapy sessions
@Lolaze (3116)
@Lizzyib Oh I was in therapy looooooong before this prior job. :p
some former bosses cajn be a pain i hj the neck but yurs must be a pain in t he mouth lol lol
@Lolaze (3116)
LOL! Yes that is one way to describe her.
I hope you get your teeth all fixed in July and no longer have a chance of having to endure more than regular teeth cleaning/ dental checkup
@Lolaze (3116)
Me too! My dentist is an awesome lady but I am totally paying to put her little girls through their private Catholic school at the moment!
@Lolaze That is not too good! But as long as she is good it may be worth it to pay her children's tuition! Not toom much though, gotta let her know what it is like in the face mounting tuition bills (lol)
@PatZAnthony (12372)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get someone to pay for such things @Lolaze
@Lolaze (3116)
I was lucky enough that my dental insurance paid for one root canal, my cleaning, and x-ray.
Ouch! I hate dental work. I hope you won't be in too much pain. =(
@Lolaze (3116)
It hurts some. I'm allergic to the normal lidocaine and can't have the epinephrine that is usually in the shots to help numb due to a heart condition. Ends up taking quite a few extra shots (which thankfully doesn't bother me) and sometimes a few minutes of just clench my fists and deal with it.
@ilocosboy (34344)
My daughter is complaining of her toothache, maybe I will also bring her to the dentist for a check-up.
@Lolaze (3116)
You should! Get it checked out before it gets more serious.
@KrauseHome (34994)
Well if you have Good dental and can get all of this work done, than that is good. I need a lot of Dental work and not sure it will ever get done due to lack of $$ to get things done. Wishing you the best with your Dentist.
Oh my. Im sure i have like 5 -8 that need to be done.