"Do you have lactose intolerance?"

I am sure some of you are so allergic to food or cannot tolerate some meal that leads to a tummy ache. I must say that I don’t have a cast iron stomach. Lactose intolerance is unbearable for me to endure. Even a low volume of milk, my tummy will crumble and it takes time for me to get well. “Do you have a cast iron stomach?” Image Credit: pixabay.com
@Nawsheen (22912)
• Mauritius
Yes i can't tolerate milk and milk related products. They make me sick.
When I was young, there is nothing wrong if drinking some milk. Now, I cannot endure having milk in my system.
@Nawsheen (22912)
• Mauritius
@Shavkat in fact this has been happening to me for the past seven years and i tjink th4 reason behind it is that my dad suffers from it too
@Nawsheen I am not sure. A friend of mine told me that it must be due to iron deficiency.
@ridingbet (62087)
when i was still studying, i loved drinking milk every day even when i sleep. my late father used to prepare 'ponche' for me (condensed milk and the yolk of an egg). i can still taste it. but when i delivered my son, i began to have intolerance to milk. even skimmed milk, so when i make a cup of milk, i just put 2 teaspoonful of the powdered milk and half a teaspoon of sugar, added to lukewarm water.
When we were in primary school, my siblings and I usually drink skimmed milk for breakfast.When I am in college, I noticed that I am lactose intolerance.
@ridingbet (62087)
@Shavkat so even now, you no longer drink milk? how about coffee creamer? can you tolerate it still?
@ridingbet If I will have coffee creamer, I shouldn't have an empty stomach. Lately, I don't use any creamer to my coffee.
No, I do not have a cast iron stomach, there are many food that make me sick. I have a mild intolerance to lactose, I cannot eat some kind of cheese.
On regards to seafood, I can't eat dried squids made by locals.
@Shavkat I have no problems with seafood, but I never tried dried squids.
@LadyDuck In my country, the local people love to make dried squids. Image Credit:sc01.alicdn.com
• Pamplona, Spain
Milk is something I don´t touch anymore except for a few drops in the tea and that is it. Have no problem with Ice Cream though.
I don't have any tummy aches with ice cream. I sometimes have a teaspoon coffee cream.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat I guess that its the way they treat the milk. There are lots of people with that problem its their system saying no way am I going to put up with this stuff.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I do think we still need to have some dairy products.We can just still do it with limitations.
Have you ever tried a non dairy milk? Like maybe an almond or cashew milk? I don't think my sister isn't lactose intolerant. But only drinks cashew milk. I think it doesn't have lactose it. Or try looking for lactose free milk like I have seen a brand that is called I believe lacaid and it is for the lactose intolerant
Thank you, my friend. I think this is a good alternative for lactose intolerance like me. I will try it.
@Shavkat you're welcomed! Hope one of them works for you!
@Marty1 I hope it will. Thanks again
Luckily, I don't have this kind of problem. I can still have any food I want. It just depends on whether I like to eat it or not.
That's a good thing. How's your surgery?
@Shavkat Surgery went well but today I haven't got the test result yet.
@youless I hope you can have it soon.
@buenavida (8348)
• Sweden
If I get digestion problems, I take Lactic Acid Bacteria, as they may help the good bacteria in our intestines to grow.. I take Acidophilus Plus with the five most common bacteria that should be working in our digestion system. If we have used antibiotics, it is very important to get back the right bacteria - as the lack of them can cause many physical and mental problems..
What disorders? The most common seem to be ADHD or ADD Depression Autism Dyslexia Schizophrenia Bipolar disorder In some cases Epilepsy Other disorders I found most interesting articles by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride has a medical practice in the UK. She
Thank you for the information. Let me try that, too. I hope it is available in my country.
@buenavida (8348)
• Sweden
@Shavkat Yes, it is available in your country.. Just go to Neolife.com It is an international company, and we can sponsor people in other countries and give advice and grow our business.. My health has been a lot better, since I joined almost 18 years ago and started using their products. I can send my ID number to people in other countries and they can be in my network if they wish..
@buenavida I need to check it later. Thanks.
@Fishmomma (11421)
I have intolerance to several foods, so I just don't buy them. Its harder to shop today, so am growing more food in my back yard now.
The best way to keep fit is to refrain from eating this food. I also like to do gardening and have some crops in the backyard.
@FourWalls (16348)
Yes, I'm lactose intolerant. Not severely, however. I can have a little yogurt or ice cream, but no milk drinking.
I can have some other dairy products but no pure milk. If I do, that would be a big problem.
@prashu228 (25517)
Not even me. My stomach is sensitive to some fishes.
I also don't eat fish with soup. I don't like the aftertaste of it.
@teenspirit (1611)
• Israel
yes but in a low amount
I think I can deal with drinking in a small amount, too
@1hopefulman (35060)
I can take a bit of milk or cheese on rare occasions but not too much and so I avoid it most of the time.
@KrauseHome (35503)
I only wish many times, especially lately that I had an iron stomach. I know the older I get, and especially with all these New meds and pain I am enduring I have to watch things more. As for milk products, I am glad so far this is not something that bothers me.