Going crazy with big bugs in the house

@ramapo17 (25839)
Melbourne, Florida
I don't know if it is the time of year but I never saw these big bugs last year. We are in this house a year now and I never noticed them before. So far this week I have seen and captured 3 of these critters. It is time to call the exterminator as I am getting itchy just looking at them. They are big and ugly. I just don't know where I am going to spot another one. I hate bugs, especially big ones.
Yikes. I hate bugs too. Any size. But yes big ones are scary
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
They are so ugly.
@ramapo17 oh god yes!
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Courtlynn Since the man was here the other day I haven't seen any more bugs. I am surprised as it has rained every day here for over a week. Some days it doesn't stop at all.
@moffittjc (46302)
• Gainesville, Florida
What kind of bugs are they Nancy? Big giant cockroaches? Palmetto bugs? Unfortunately, living in Florida means you also have to live with giant bugs. Just be happy that they aren't bed bugs! haha
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
The man said they were a breed of the Palmetto bugs but not the giant ones that I saw when we stayed on the west coast. To me a bug is a bug and I do not like them at all. One interesting thing, I asked him if the people next door are doing remodeling and pulling up flooring and carpeting if that could cause bugs to get out. I read about that once.
@moffittjc (46302)
• Gainesville, Florida
@ramapo17 That happened to me once in an apartment complex I lived in. My neighbors were moving out, and during that time I noticed a huge influx of bugs into my apartment. I called in a work order to have pest control come and spray, and the bug man told me that all the bugs I was seeing was probably the result of the neighbors moving.
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
@moffittjc Isn't that amazing? Those little critters didn't want the tenants to leave
@Genipher (5169)
Chickens are good at getting rid of unwanted bugs. Perhaps you should get some house chickens...?
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
Right, then I will have to clean the mess that they leave around.
@Genipher (5169)
@ramapo17 Well...I've heard there's such a thing as "chicken diapers".
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Genipher How would I know what size to get???
@Fishmomma (11443)
I don't like bugs either and use the vacuum cleaner to deal with some of the bug troubles. Are your bugs Palmetto Bugs? Several people have told me Florida has a lot of them.
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
The exterminator said they were not Palmetto bugs but do look like a smaller version. I don't even like ants.
@Fishmomma (11443)
@ramapo17 I don't like ants either. Hope your able to get every bug out of the house. The exterminator's are really busy people with so many different bugs today.
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Fishmomma He was here yesterday and sprayed and said he would be back next week to check again.
LOL, we used to visit P.C all the time and a few of Florida BIG bugs got into the luggage and came home with me. I was shocked to see those at my Alabama home.
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
I remember years ago visiting my girlfriend on the west side of Florida and the huge bugs she had in her home. I asked her how she can live with them. She said, oh, you get use to them. We have been in Florida 3 years now and we never had this many in the house. I am afraid to go to sleep.
@ramapo17 Put food out for them......far from your bed
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
@andriaperry I haven't seen them going near any food yet but that is a good idea.
I hate all bugs.
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
Me too and I will start itching if I know they are close by.
@prashu228 (25516)
I hate bugs too. Did you call the exterminator by now Hope everything is ok
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
Yes we did and he came today. He is coming back in a few days to.
I hate any sort of bugs too and would hate to have them in my house. Are they cockroaches?
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
No, they were not cockroaches. The bug man was here today and said what they were but I forgot. The important thing is they are not harmful, but they are so ugly. I asked him if they could be here because the people next door are remodeling and they took up all their carpeting and wood flooring and it sat outside until the garbage men picked it up and he said yes, that could have done it. We have been here a year and never had anything like this and all of a sudden they are showing up a lot.
@UncleJoe (11276)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Don't let 'em bug ya!
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am buggie enough.
@skysnap (18045)
I hate those bed bugs, those bites badly and also harder to get rid of.
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
They are not bed bugs. At least we haven't seen any in the beds yet.
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
I hate bugs too. Fortunately we don't get to see them often. Recently a spider visited my house and I got rid of it. I don't like insects crawling in my house
@ramapo17 (25839)
• Melbourne, Florida
I have a great imagination and if I am not really tired when I go to bed I will think they are all over the house and I won't sleep very well.