Being Judgmental

@nomus24g (25189)
Just came across a post, where a member has vented out her "Divorce" pain...obviously blaming it all to the husband & I was shocked to see atleast 12 responses...all name calling the husband n blaming him. Being judgmental on Social Media is so easy...isnt it??? Did we hear the husband's side of the story before passing on our comment. Who can assure that, what has been posted here is all truth?? It is also strange, how a sub-judice case is being discussed openly & criticizing the role of a judge. Forming an opinion just out of a post is so easy, probably the truth is otherwise. Now the funny part is, when I challenged the opinion..I become the villain in the post. Being empathetic is fine, but let's be rational in asking BASIC QUESTIONS before blindly believing whatever is being stated.
There's always two sides of the story.
@nomus24g (25189)
that's the point I am trying to make here...
@nomus24g Yes. We only hear one side and show sympathy but there's always two sides. Sometimes I just choose not to say anything but really some people over share. I didn't read the discussion you're talking about though.
• Phoenix, Arizona
There are three sides to every story. Your side, their side and the truth is normally in the middle. However, right now, she is looking for support. Not critism. Yes, women are known to lie as well, but what she has mentioned that is going on, is actually common and happens a lot.
@nomus24g (25189)
Again, your perception and biased opinion out here...I'll again repeat...not all MEN are monsters nor all WOMEN are angels... Just because the husband couldn't post anything here on myLot, disqualifies his side of the story & made us believe this lady....and we pour in our solidarity without knowing the actual version...
@Mike197602 (13937)
Haven't seen the discussion but I'd like to
@nomus24g (25189)
Pls scroll down the RECENT ones...its right there :)
@Mike197602 (13937)
@nomus24g I've seen it. My advice is leave it alone You're right about 2 sides to a story but in this case I'd skip the discussion. In a big way because she doesn't use paragraphs and I do not like a big block of text. In another way because I don't get on that type of post...one person on there is an utter idiot who can't take people disagreeing with her. Also I don't know either party...she could be not truthful or she could be 100% truthful...I don't know.
@nomus24g (25189)
@Mike197602 Right bro...if you see her response, she alleged that "since I dont know her..."....which means those who supported her knows the family personally...how illogical is that..
They say there must be two sides to a story. but I must say that in some cases - there is only one side.
@nomus24g (25189)
it cannot be....you cannot clap with one hand, and hence before taking our stand...we should listen to both side of the story...
@nomus24g I can only speak for myself. In my case I married a mad man.
@nomus24g (25189)
@Kandae11 That's fine...at times, WE start judging the world through our own experiences and tend to have biased opinion...Not all Men are monster & not all Women are angels.....
Considering i know how alot of judges are, and they are the same as the one she mentioned, it sounds truthful. So that is what i went by. And everyone judges. So.
@nomus24g (25189)
there's difference between *sounding* truth and actual truth...I also know so many cases, where divorces are being filed by females just to claim huge alimony from husband...so should I judge everybody by that same yardstick....Atleast I dont do that, I ask questions...some very basic questions...and only when I am convinced, I show my support.... What if the husband comes over here n tells you an equivalent *believable* truth...wont u support him as well ???
@nomus24g (25189)
@Courtlynn And by supporting, are you showing off that you are a very CLOSE relative of her....come on, dont be pseudo empathetic....none of us know her personally, so why to take sides???
@nomus24g because I'm caring and if someone says they've been or are going through a tough time, I'm there. Cause thats who I am. If by chance they're lying. Shame on them. But not on me because I still did my part on being a caring individual whether i knew the person or not.
I absolutely agree with you. We never know who really at fault so we shouldn't be commenting against the husband. I have seen some posting like this. They are fishing for consolation.
@nomus24g (25189)
I at times wonder, does it help in real life...all these consolations n sympathies
@nomus24g Well, it helps the girl from getting depressed.
@nomus24g (25189)
@SIMPLYD may be...
@ridingbet (60736)
i agree. today, we are often hearing only one side of a story, and blame the other party for the supposedly wrongdoing. thanks to the social media, we can get the 3 sides of the story: my side, your side, and the truth.
@nomus24g (25189)
we are into social media trial & have our own verdict...
@sol_cee (18141)
• Japan
Maybe it's in the way you challenged the opinion. Ooppss..
@nomus24g (25189)
yes, people dont want to get challenged...they have their own sweet comfort zone...where they are the kings n queens of their own imagination :)
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
Before coming to a conclusion we must know the whole story. Here i mean from both sides
@nomus24g (25189)
that's exactly my point...
this is one thing I never do.Never even talk about it.It is my business.nuff said
@nomus24g (25189)
People should know, what to post and what not to...its pure way of gaining others' sympathy...
@JustBhem (44367)
• Davao, Philippines
We jump on to conclusion base on the other half story and not knowing the other side of the coin.
@nomus24g (25189)
Exactly, that's my point...why to show solidarity without knowing what the husband is going through...it might happen that, he is in a shabby state...just that he couldn't post it here, makes him villain of circumstances..
@ShifaLk (8533)
She is already hurt, so better you don't be judgemental.... because she's not asking for justice, she is just sharing with her friends
@nomus24g (25189)
that's what exactly I am saying, not to be judgemental...anyway without reading her post n the counter comments, u wont realise what I mean
@CinnamonGrl (6074)
• Paradise, California
Sometimes a person is just trying to get something off their chest -- to vent. Maybe the responders were just trying to give her support. And they thought you interrupted that process. You don't sound like a villain, just someone trying to point out what is and isn't fair. I hope it works itself out.
@nomus24g (25189)
Right....but just because I am 1st to vent it out, doesnt mean that the other side ofthe stiry will remain unheard or is a bluff...
@traceh (427)
• Cape Town, South Africa
I totally agree with you, I always believe there are three sides to a story each person who is involved side and thirdly the truth. Each person has a different point of how there side is and how wrong the other person is, a person should get a chance to defend themselves before they are truly judged.