Not Good at Sitting

Since Molly has decided that afternoon walks with me are way too much for a 7-year-old pup who goes to the dog park every morning, we have a new plan in place. Molly loves it if I sit in a lawn chair and read a book while she sleeps in the shade in the backyard. She gets fresh air and knows I am nearby. I can sit for about 5 minutes and read a great book, but I get antsy sitting. I have never been a person who can sit still during the day. My brain won't stop when I sit. Sorry Molly. Today, my wandering brain told me to do the following: 1. "That flowering shrub by the fence looks like it needs some clipping to even it out a bit. I will just get my pruning shears and take care of that." Done. 2. "I really should check the white shutters in front. I bet they need washing. I will get the ladder, soap and water, and sponge the dirt off and rinse them clean with the hose." Done 3. "Well, as long as I am washing the shutters, I might as well wash the windows too." Done. 4. "While I have the hose out, I'd better water the plants in the urns." Done. 5. "The flap on Molly's doggie door looks really dirty. I will just grab the spray cleaner and some paper towels and clean that thing." Done. 6. "Those climbing roses on the side of the house are rather out of control. I will just prune them back a bit so they look better." Done. Tomorrow, my brain will allow me to sit and read for 5 minutes and then the racing about will begin again. Molly is used to the routine now, and she sleeps quite nicely in the shade because she knows I am around here somewhere.
You may not have read too much of the book, but you sure did alot around the house!
Yes, got a lot done, but that book won't be finished any time soon.
@Corbin5 sorry.
I wouldn't even get all that done in a week never mind one day. Guess it takes me longer cause I have no trouble sitting and reading for extended periods of time
It is so strange that I can read at night, but not during the day. Well, as long as I get the reading in sometime, I am happy.
Phew that's a lot of going! Lol. I can tell you don't like to just sit around.
Always been a bit antsy. Made very good grades in elementary and middle school, but conduct was the lowest grade. Talked a bit too much and a bit antsy.
Yes she knows you are about the house and that is good with Molly hahaa. I know how you mean Deborah..it is good to be busy.
She is rather spoiled by 2 retired people who think she is just amazing, and she likes if either of the dog parents are around the house somewhere.
@Corbin5 Yes she finds comfort in you both..it is so sweet.
@ridingbet (53191)
oh, that is so good to have your brain cells work while you are reading a book and while you are keeping watch of Molly asleep in the shade. i believe exercising our minds helps reduce the early attacks of dementia.
I do think the writing we do here and the reading we do really will help keep our brains sharp. I hope so.
@ridingbet (53191)
@Corbin5 i believe in that too. our minds could work even while we are typing our responses or comments here.
@prashu228 (25811)
Lol... atleast Molly is happy that you are around..
Yes, as long as someone is here, she relaxes. We know she never sleeps when we are gone for a few hours because she is exhausted when we return. I think she is on guard when we are not here.
I have no problem with sitting for a fair while. However, every so often I do get the urge to do something, and something becomes everything and then Husband mutters and grumbles because we were supposed to be going out fifteen minutes ago and I'm not even dressed yet ...!! It's nice of Molly to let you get on and do things!
Yes, my husband just gets out of the way when I start racing around doing all I can. He is used to it. Molly just wants a pet parent to be around so she can relax.
@Freelanzer (8971)
Glad to know I am not the only one with a wandering brain when I sit in the garden. That is when you see so much that needs to be done.
I know!! And, how does one sit there and not take care of things? If things are not taken care of I cannot get them out of my mind until done.
@Essjayd (1620)
I'm sure she's quite happy to watch you work while she chills out in the shade!
@prashu228 (25811)
She is the happiest I guess
Yes, she never offers to help. Oh well, a girl pup needs her sleep, according to Molly.
@Essjayd (1620)
@Corbin5 Haha mine likes to get his nose into everything! I'd get much more done if he lay and watched occasionally!
I should never look around when I decide to sit and read a book. Everything I look at seems to need my attention. I should simply sit in a corner and enjoy my book.
Maybe we should we in an empty closet with a light. That might work.
@Corbin5 You can guess that we will nothing something in the closet that needs our attention.
@sallypup (27136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You have been an ambitious character. Funny how dogs are so different. Sally is about Molly dear's age and cause Sally is a Blue Heeler, sitting on her backside drives her totally nuts. Sally started pestering me with a ball when she was weeks old. Middle aged? Continuing on. Spinning in the air and leaping back with a ball in her mouth. I dread the day that Sally lies down and quits. Hopefully not for a long, long time.
Oh yes, Sally is a canine with extra energy for sure. I also will despair if Sally loses her active nature. Let us both hope that does not happen!!!
@sallypup (27136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 8:30 am. I am exhausted. Sally has her favorite beheaded toy: play ball, you goofy human! NOW.
@bunnybon7 (36541)
• Holiday, Florida
poor lady. Molly just likes to watch you work through squinted eyes probably . makes her feel she is keeping you in shape. lol
Yes, Molly has told me I need to lose a few pounds. As long as my husband or I are around, she is happy.
@bunnybon7 (36541)
• Holiday, Florida
@Corbin5 probably makes her tired just watching you work.
Wow, that would tire Molly out, it tired me out! I love to sit outside and just be still, I don't even have to be reading, just enjoying the fresh air and sounds of the outdoors does it for me. So.....if she wants a companion who will sit, you and I could trade places, our windows and shutters need cleaning.
Oh, Molly would be delighted if you sat in that lawn chair!! I will come to your place and race around to get whatever you want done!!! A great plan!!
@Corbin5 Wouldn't that be a surprise!
I am like that before. But now, I am not anymore. I learn to relax when there's a need to relax already.
I wish I could just sit and relax, but a bit too wired during the day.
@Corbin5 Oh, you can do it. Just think like this, it won't kill me or make me uncomfortable if I don't do it now.
I'm tired after reading this post! If you're ever in my area and feeling antsy, I've got plenty of things you could do while Molly and I rest in the shade!
Will do. Molly would love your company while I race around and get all you need done!!
@hostessman (9453)
• Tucson, Arizona
i sit out back and look at things and then do them and my pup just lays there and never helps either
Yes, Molly does not lift a paw either.
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I can't sit for long stretches but I'm not as energetic as you are when I'm up and about. You got a lot done.
I always made very good grades, but in elementary school, conduct was the lowest grade. A bit too talkative and antsy, but I calmed down later on.
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
I think you do not like to just sit
I have to force myself to sit still. I can read at night, but during the day I have to be moving.
I wish my dogs were like Molly, mine want to be up under me all the time when I am outside, even when I am mowing the grass. I cannot just do nothing all day either, I wish I could, I have to be exhausted to stop and nap, like yesterday.
I exhaust myself too. You and I are just wired differently. Your pups really do want to be involved in all you do!
mercy, quite the productive day! i'd the need to giggle coz the pups here'd be most content if'n i'd jest stay'n one place. nah, aint happenin'. 't times such's not healthy 's they try to follow my e'ery step. won't tell ya how many times i've nearly tripped o'er the big pups. i reckon one day i'll completely lose my balance 'n they'll regret such.
I just read about the post about that wild day you had, my friend!!!! Wow! I bet the pups really are sticking close to you to make sure you are OK. I want you to watch out for a pup and carefully step over each and every one!!!!
@Corbin5 yes ma'am, what a day fer certain but i'm so glad there were no injuries. the hubs got home 'n 'twas ants who'd shut the water off. yepperz, they'd built a nest 'nside the switch box...'gain. 't least 'twas'n easy fix. 's fer the pups? they're all large, like ms. molly. kinda hard to straddle 'em, lol. if'n i didn't know any better, i'd swear 'twas monday! big hugs!!
@crazyhorseladycx Whew. So glad it was an easy fix. Who knew ants could cause that problem??? Big hugs coming your way too, my friend.