It's that time of year again

Peoria, Arizona
Arizona is finally get it's first intense heat wave with temperature hitting at least 111 degrees Fahrenheit. Today I think it hit 109 degrees. But apparently this weekend it will be going back down to 100 degrees, freezing, right? But it is that time of year where you wake up from a nap in a puddle of sweat, which I did today. I have my window cooler on low, because when I am awake that is all I need. When I have company over I turn it up so he isn't too warm, but no matter what it is just so warm! It is also the time when we have to let the sink run a little bit before washing our hands because the water is so hot! The sun rises on the side where our pipes are, so the pipes get really hot making the water hot. And when the water makes it to the faucet, it is still hot for the first few seconds and then it is fine. But goodness sakes, I keep forgetting that is hot and burn my hands every time. I know you are supposed to wash with hot water, but not so hot that your skin wants to melt! How is the temperatures in your area? Are you ready for the heat? One of my mom's friends is panicking about the snow storm in Australia. So weird that we are completely opposite!
From what you describe, that is very hot.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yes, yes it is haha
We are going to have 90 degree weather mid week and then it is supposed to go down to the 60's. That should be interesting. Room temperature water is fine I think.
@DesirousDreamer ......You are silly.
• Peoria, Arizona
@celticeagle So I have heard! haha
I am in LA where it's still in the 80s. No hot spell yet. Hot hot is typical for AZ.
• Peoria, Arizona
Arizona is the definition of hot.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It hasn't been that hot but we have gotten to 103 once since the summer started. EW!
• Peoria, Arizona
that is still pretty high though, and isn't it humid where you are?
@RubyHawk (21762)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Right now we're having too much rain and it's not as warm as usual. It will soon be in the 90s but not to 100. That sounds hot enough to melt.
• Peoria, Arizona
i am jealous haha we held off so long from the heat. It normally gets hot a lot sooner.
@RubyHawk (21762)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@DesirousDreamer Our weather is usually warmer at this time of year.
• Peoria, Arizona
@RubyHawk Makes sense. It is almost summer haha
I don't think that I would enjoy living in such a climate.
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha, not many do!
@dpk262006 (56115)
It is pretty hot here in New Delhi. For the past few days the temperature has risen to nearly 45 degree C. All walls and pipes etc. become hot and it gets difficult to get normal water for bathing etc..
• Peoria, Arizona
That is pretty hot. I do love the hot water for a bath or shower though. Mostly because I just like melting my skin in the shower haha just not my hands.
@prashu228 (25814)
It's already very hot here. No more heat we want, waiting for the rains... Good night
• Peoria, Arizona
We have another week before monsoon season starts, that doesn't mean we get rain, but we will get something haha
@shivamani10 (11131)
• Hyderabad, India
yes. I agree with you. We should use only warm water.
• Peoria, Arizona
I didn't mean to use warm water haha the pipes made me.
Stuck with the rain. keeping temps down to around 70
• Peoria, Arizona
Can you splash us a little bit? Haha!
Its only 54 here now. But weve had a few 70-80 days the last few weeks.
• Peoria, Arizona
I am so jealous haha
So far it is nice here in the 70's. Cool in the mornings.
• Peoria, Arizona
Oregon is always magical with weather though! Haha