I am too tired to get ready for bed

Marion, Kansas
The image is of my husband in the emergency room of the hospital. He has had what appears to be a mini stroke or TIA. Not all tests have been done and not all tests are back yet. I spent the day yesterday taking him, getting him admitted, going home to take care of a few things, back to the hospital (an hour drive each way), and slept at my sister's house in that same town. An interesting side event is he had found an embedded tick Saturday night. Tomorrow will be a carotid doppler, and some kind of a cardiac screen, just in case. Also a consult with Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. For those who are not in the know, Physical Therapy deals with strengthening large muscles, like for walking, lifting, stooping, etc. Occupational Therapy deals with strengthening fine motor skills and the muscle groups for writing and other hand skills. Bob really is showing very little damage, and chances of a 100% recovery are good. His right eyebrow droops some, his right eye waters, and is hard to close and blinks very little. His smile is lopsided, drooping down on the right. His right hand is weak, in fact he cannot move his right index finger, which is the first symptom he noticed and complained about. His right leg seems to have some weakness. He is considered a fall risk. Please continue to hold us both in your thoughts and prayers. Or good vibes if that is how you support people.
I'm so sorry and you will both be in my prayers. I hope he makes a full recovery. =(
• Marion, Kansas
It may take a while. We uncovered some more problems. On Monday he will try to go back to work.
oh my yes My prayers go out t o you and y our husband that he makes a full recovery and that you feel better about jhim too
• Marion, Kansas
The problem is larger than we knew, but it is good to be learning more. I will tell you we were surprised as he has none of the usual risk factors, like smoking or drinking or obesity or things like that. Of course all those things will help his recovery.
Asking God for a full recovery for your husband.
@ilocosboy (33307)
That's good he's getting better
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, it is.
@ilocosboy (33307)
Do not worry, I am sure he will recover. I am glad that they are taking him at the hospital to go on with more tests. My best wishes to him.
• Marion, Kansas
Thank you so much my friend.
@Telynor (1142)
I'm glad to hear that Bob is predicted to have a 100% recovery. I hope everything works out right for you both.
• Marion, Kansas
It will work out as it should, but it may be slowly.
• Lakewood, Colorado
So very sorry Heather for this happening to your dear Husband. He does look good and it is great that they are saying a 100% recovery chance looks good. A tick..I hope that didn't have anything to do with this..sounds stupid I guess. Thanks for sharing the photo of him to let us see him and how he is doing. You must be worn to a feather as he is I am sure. They will keep him there a good while then. Oh yes, we have you in our prayers no doubt about it.
• Marion, Kansas
Five days of observation and testing. Glad to be home now. I know they took some blood work but they have not said anything else about the tick.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@GardenGerty Good Heather how is all there now?
I know he will go well soon. Keep the faith!
• Marion, Kansas
Things do look better daily.
@GardenGerty Glad to hear that.
@sallypup (22104)
• Moses Lake, Washington
My best wishes are with your dear hubby and of course you who are working so hard on his behalf. The lady that lives with us has had little TIAs since she was a young person. She had one when she was in the hospital. She admits to searching for words more now but otherwise seems pretty good that way over all.
• Marion, Kansas
It turns out his is a full stroke. What causes her to have so many TIAs?
@sallypup (22104)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty I think she said she has a heart murmur. Years ago my husband had open heart surgery cause he had a hole in his heart. He's fine now but would not have been if there hadn't been something done then.
I am sure the doctors will get to the route of it and set matters right. You are right. Prayers can do wonders.
• Marion, Kansas
Thanks for always ressponding and for being positive.
@PatZAnthony (11812)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Finding that tick might be the key to a few things @GardenGerty Hope everything is resolved quickly!
• Marion, Kansas
They do not seem to be exploring the tick further, but will watch the bite site. We will see what his primary care doctor says next week.
@Ithink (6795)
Will be thinking of you both. I only know how hard it can be because of my parents. The health problems my dad had was nothing we would have ever thought of him having. My mom either. Hope that your husband has a full recovery and the stress isn't to much on either of you.
• Marion, Kansas
He has recovered nicely and is making good progress. He would have been really upset if he could not go back to work.
@Ithink (6795)
@GardenGerty Im so happy for you both, sounds like my husband =)
@ElicBxn (60083)
I know I haven't been on, dealing with stuff around here. Sorry to hear Bob had a stroke, my wife had to have bypass surgery back in April. She was only released to go back to work July 3rd. Her stamina isn't what it was before she started getting sick in February, but she's getting better. It has been a LONG hard spring.
• Marion, Kansas
Bob has bounced back really well. We do not know what caused the heart problem that caused the Afib that caused the stroke. He has no other stroke risks, healthy as a horse. Tell V hello from us.
@ElicBxn (60083)
@GardenGerty she had a 40% block in her heart that suddenly went to 80%. Not her normal cardiologist suggested what happened was that it came partially lose, folded over and there by going from 40 to 80 in no time at all. Its taking a long time to recover partly because it took so long to find out what was causing her overall weakness, partly because the hemo-dialysis took so much out of her after the surgery and partly because she did spend a month mostly in bed recovering.
Prayering for a complete and speedy recovery for your husband.
• Marion, Kansas
Thank you so much.
@GardenGerty you are welcome. How is he feeling now?
@dianadee (1766)
• South Africa
I will pray for for your husband's recovery, and for your strength to increase, to cope with this stressful situation.
• Marion, Kansas
Thank you for those very specific prayers.
@dianadee (1766)
• South Africa
@GardenGerty We need to pray for one another.
I am holding you both in my thoughts. It takes a lot for the family to get through these things too. Embedded ticks aren't fun.
• Marion, Kansas
It does not appear that the tick caused this, but we learned of some heart difficulties that probably did.
@GardenGerty .....That is something.
I guess his lucky that it is a mild stroke. I hope he will recover fast. My prayers for him.
• Marion, Kansas
The tests have clued us in on some other issues, but he is recovering fast. He is generally very healthy.
@GardenGerty It is nice to hear that he is recovering now.
Will do! Hope things get better quickly.
• Marion, Kansas
He seems to be doing really well.
@GardenGerty wonderful (:
@BettyB (4287)
• Summerville, South Carolina
My prayers are with you. I'm glad that he has a good chance for 100% recovery. Its hard to watch someone you love go through something like this. Make sure you get enough rest. You'll be no good to him if you are too tired to think.
• Marion, Kansas
He is tired a lot, but some of that is also the heat. It is discouraging not to be able to do all he was used to doing.We have both been napping most afternoons.
I hope that he has a speedy recovery.
• Marion, Kansas
He is doing well, we are home.