It Was Cancer

Anniston, Alabama
Now that Tony has told his family I can speak about it, Tony had a tumor on his liver, these type you do not biopsy, you just take them off. This is the second tumor he has gotten rid of since January. Tomorrow is Tony`s two week check up, I am sure they will just look at the liver enzymes and make sure they are balanced and I have no idea about the glue they use now instead of staples and the like. You may wonder why he does not tell his siblings and other family, well it goes back to when he was over his brother (POA) and his siblings tried to "pull the plug" on his brother, Back then the doctor said " I hope to God you have a POA for yourself, those people are crazy!" and that is where I come in, he chose me because I helped with his brother, I would clean, cook and sit with his brother while he worked, but I refused to deal with their bull crap. No I am not the favorite in his family, I am actually hated but that is okay because I do what the patient wants and not the outsiders, even if they are siblings, that is when the POA overrides their mouths. Sometimes it hard being a POA so my dad made his own " do not resuscitate" but I had to enforce it, hard decision but I knew what HE wanted. Now I ask for someone to send me sunshine! I need this just for me Have a wonderful day, or night depends on where you live.
Good you are the POA Andria. That supersedes any interference by others. Sorry about your Father. I am glad the hospital took care of Tony. Bless you and Tony there.
Thank you, my dad was eat up with skin cancer and in so much pain.
@andriaperry Oh dear that is painful ...RIP. I hope Tony will improve now with the tumor gone. I have pre skin cancer and always keep on it and dont let the docs tell me its nothing.
@TiarasOceanView I have had 3 froze off so yeah I know what you mean.
It has rained here for three days. It has finally stopped and I did a quick load of laundry to hopefully get on the line before it winds up getting colder for the night or raining again. What a sad situation for Tony! My father in law had liver cancer about 5 years ago but is doing well now.
@andriaperry The liver is an organ that can regenerate itself.
@GardenGerty Yes and its wonderful
Liver cancer is usually very aggressive. I hope everything is fine with the surgery.
Yes it is BUT since he had chemo and it did not grow or disappear the doctors knew they could get it out and he can live much longer.
@andriaperry I´m so glad!
It's good that you were made POA, Andrea. We have living wills which stipulate everything. I'm sorry Tony has cancer, but he is in good hands. I'd send you sunshine if I had any to send.
Yes God sent him excellent doctors.
@andriaperry And you!
You are the sunshine, girl. A good friend and caretaker. I do hope you get the weather you need as well, but I want to say I know you do a very hard job.
Thank you. You are pretty good yourself!
@Srbageldog (8239)
It's good he has you as his POA. That reminds me that I need to appoint a POA for myself. If something ever happens to me, I don't want my mom or dad in charge of making hard decisions; my dad might not do what I want, and my mom wouldn't be able to handle it. And god help me if I ever wind up in a situation where my brother Kevin was in charge of deciding things. Sometimes its better to not have family in charge of making those decisions. About your patient... Is he going to have to have any treatment for the cancer? Or do they just keep removing tumors and checking his liver function for now?
took 6 chemo treatments, 34 radiation already, this is just clean up what is left.
@andriaperry Poor guy, I hope the cancer is gone and doesn't come back.
I think we had a feeling that something was up. Hope they got it all.
He said he got it all.
@andriaperry that is great!
@1hopefulman (34826)
I hope you get the needed sunshine to energize you to be able to deal with what you and Tony are going through!
I am fine, its Tony that needs the healing. Sunshine in a bottle is what I am own right now D3 :)
@1hopefulman (34826)
@andriaperry Me too! It rained all day yesterday and it is still cloudy at this time.
@jobelbojel (9031)
I hope all is well on his check up. :( I'm just sad about this post.
Its okay, he is doing fine. Where he was told he could live 2 years with the tumor now he can live many, many more years.
@andriaperry praise God.
Hope things go well for Tony and he's lucky that you are there to have his back. Hope the sun shines for you
More sun today and he is doing awesome.
My dad had a cancerous kidney removed a few years ago. His liver was affected, and he was yellow for awhile, however, now..everything is normal, as is his color. His scans have all come back clear.
Thank God. That is awesome news, So far its the same with Tony.
@UncleJoe (11408)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It's hard for me to trust anybody else so I went to court and made myself my own POA.
Then your screwed!
Being a POA must be so difficult to
Its is and its not. You really have to know someone well to be POA, not for just medical but to know what bills to pay etc. when they cant.
What is POA These acronyms bother me. Liver regenerates. Hope all will be well with your husband.
Not my husband. POA means power of attorney. Its when you assign someone to make decisions for you when you are unable to do so.
He is lucky that you have his back as POA, I'm sure that seeing how you handled that previous experience must mean a lot to him.
He know I will try my best to protect those without a voice.
• Denver, Colorado
It's been raining every afternoon and we still have plenty of sunshine. I'll try and send some.
Thank you, I reckon I seen it trying to come through the clouds late this evening.
I wouldn't tell them either, if they were like that and, have a good day.
Thanks TR you have a good night.
@buenavida (8327)
• Sweden
I hope you both will be OK.. I just listened to an interesting video about a research that may help many.. maybe good advice for you too?
Does meat cause cancer? Is milk really good for you? What happens to the human body when we eat meat and animal products- shown clearly in the Cornell Univer...
Thanks I will watch it.
What a relief to know that you are POA for Tony. I am sure Tony takes comfort from knowing you will be in charge. I was POA for my mother, and now for my Dad. I have been POA for 18 years for both parents.. First Mom, now Dad. Way too much work for one person to handle, but it is what it is.
Right but you can do it.
Live cancer is tough and not good for some.
I know but we pray its all gone now.