The negative thinkers are trying to jinx The Mummy movie

Lake Charles, Louisiana
The negative thinkers are out of their cages again predicting the doom in the box office of the movie "The Mummy" which opens this week in theaters in America. The prediction from the first weekend from Universal studios is about $40-$42 million for the newest "Mummy" movie that stars Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella as the Mummy. The latest prediction coming from the media is that film should make $35 million dollars which is not a box office failure but since the movie cost $125 million dollars to make, Universal Studios will likely postpone movies coming from their Dark Universe section of movies that are going to reboot some of the horror movies of the past. I saw the sneak previews of the movie and as I far am concerned, it looks great. "The Mummy" has been successful in markets outside the United Stares which is a good deal for Universal Studios. However "Wonder Woman" will remain in the top spot this weekend since besides "The Mummy" movie, are the movies "It Comes At Night" and "Megan Leavey" will open this week in the theaters in America.
It's a Tom Cruise movie and that alone should draw people in. He's a good actor, so I think the movie will do okay. Maybe not as great as they like, but it won't be a flop either.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My nephew likes Tom Cruise as an actor as well. Just remember before the Wonder Woman came out, the predictions about two months ago was that the film would lay an egg. It became a hit movie. The Mummy has been a hit overseas.
@Deepizzaguy That's good.
The problem with The Mummy is that I have no reason in yet another version of the same old story.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
U r correct since Hollywood just keep making reboots of old movies instead of creating new and original characters.
• Dallas, Texas
This makes me actually want to watch it. We will be watching it soon I am sure. As for my opinion of Tom Cruise as an actor, he is magnificent.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like horror movies and The female mummy as a villain makes the movie even better to see since it something new and fresh.
• Preston, England
The UK premiere was sadly postponed due to the London terrorist attack last weekend
@DWDavis (11151)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It seems like the Brendon Fraiser movie of The Mummy wasn't that long ago. Perhaps the naysayers are thinking it's too soon to do a remake of a remake of a remake. Movies about mummies are old hat in Hollywood.