Plastic rice? Oh is it really that?

@ptrikha_2 (5903)
I read this in Times of India website: I also saw it in news on TV a few days back. Is this true? Selling of plastic as rice- where is the world headed to? And if one eats such a stuff, only God can help, as one does not know whether one will die instantly or end up in hospital. What do you say?
Rumours went viral on social media that plastic rice was being sold on a large-scale at various stores in Andhra Pradesh triggering panic among the public.
@nomus24g (17371)
Yes, its all Chinese product...its been making rounds for quite sometime now...
@Bodyandbrain (13817)
• Gurgaon, India
I have read and seen videos about it and it is so wretched condition of world that human is ready to do anything for money.
@ptrikha_2 (5903)
@Bodyandbrain yes it's very disheartening and shocking indeed!
I heard about it. The plastic rice is shiny in appearance.
@ptrikha_2 (5903)
@Bodyandbrain indeed, its very bad. @nomus24g and I even saw one popular brand being named in news. @Shavkat and its so harmful.
@silvermist (16418)
The thing is after some time this news fades away from our memory .The people who were doing it will continue.The only thing is it is not news any more.
@ptrikha_2 (5903)
@silvermist Yes things go on as normal after some time. However, we need to be alert regarding such products. What is shocking is as to how these products pass the standard tests and inspection. Or does someone greases someone else's palms?
That sounds very dangerous.
@ptrikha_2 (5903)
@Tampa_girl7 yes this is very serious indeed!
@Sreekala (18788)
I already watched the videos of showing how we can recognize the plastic rice. If we make it like a ball, it will bounce on throwing in ground (if it is plastic). I too wondered on watching the video. Don't know where we are leading?
@ptrikha_2 (5903)
@Sreekala it's frightening indeed!
The news was also in International newspaper, several months ago.
@ptrikha_2 (5903)
Hmm.. it's very serious indeed!