Learning about discussions

@endou100 (104)
Okay, I am exploring site here and seeing that many users are having lengthy discussion. Lol compare to them mine are tiny ones. I guess I should add more stuff. But I guess tiny one is allowed too till it can raise the discussion. That's what this site about it, Right? Love this emoticons.
@josie_ (6360)
Welcome to mylot. There is much truth in the saying,"Big things come in small packages".Also don't forget that the attention span of people nowadays is less than that of a goldfish. Goldfish_9 sec Humans_8 sec
@endou100 (104)
I don't understand logic behind goldfish and humans. Can you clear it?
@endou100 (104)
@josie_ got it.
Although short discussions can attract attention, it's a fact that most one-liners are worthless. You only have to read around to see which posts get many Likes and Comments and which don't. Speaking for myself: I rarely comment on extremely short discussions. Don't overdo it with emoticons. It looks childish. Just my (unasked-for) opinion.
@endou100 (104)
Okay , will take care of it. So as you replied here, I guess i am not having that short, otherwise you could have ignored. it. lol Will take care of all the tips. Thanks.
@endou100 Is there a special reason why you don't mention your country on your account page?
@endou100 (104)
@MALUSE Nope, nothing. Is it necessary?
@hillhjill (4269)
I don't think that it matters how long or short you discussion are..
@endou100 (104)
Is it?! I guess it should be interesting and can raise the discussion.
@hillhjill (4269)
@endou100 yeah if it is an eye catcher then it can be what ever length you want it to be.
@endou100 (104)
@hillhjill Thanks I will keep it in mind.
Lengthy or short the simpler the post the more interesting a post is what really attracts readers as with every site but not as great as this one can be . . .
@endou100 (104)
Yes, if they are interesting enough then it will attract for sure. thanks.
@endou100 yes indeed it shall -- so what exciting thing will you write on next ?
@endou100 (104)
@enlightenedpsych2 He he.. I haven't think about it yet.
@pitstop (5394)
More than the length, the true quality is in the actual content and how it is written. I too write mainly short paragraphs as I feel that if I write a loooong post people only read a part of it.
@endou100 (104)
Okay. Well if even discussion are interesting then one can go for lengthy one too. I think it should be interesting.
@pitstop (5394)
@endou100 that's right. It should be of good quality and interesting. Length of post is a secondary outcome.
@endou100 (104)
@pitstop Got it , thanks.
One need not post a lengthy post actually. You just have ton interact a lot here. Meaning comments on posts that interests you. But you can post too if you like. A short one will do , as long as you have taken everything you need to describe and say.
@endou100 (104)
Got it. Yes as long as it can carry the discussion, it should be okay.
@hereandthere (28810)
when you submit your own discussion, try to give it more details/description so readers will understand. then when members respond, try to converse with them about the topic. do the same when you participate in other people's discussions. try to give a good response about the topic.
@endou100 (104)
Thanks I will try to be more descriptive if it is possible. Yup by that was we can have more discussion. Thanks for the tip, I will follow them.
@endou100 i think people can sense sincerity - in your own discussions and in your responses to other people's discussions. try to show genuine interest in the topic, or try to be helpful, or try to show a different perspective.
@mandala100 (35589)
It's always the thoughts that really counts regardless the "longness" or "shortness" of any discussion.
@endou100 (104)
Yes I am having more idea about the same after spending few days.
Welcome to the wonderful world of myLot!
@endou100 (104)
Thanks. It is going good so far.
Yes you can write shorter discussions but make sure that you are not repeating the " What do you like" type of discussions that most newbies do. Write about yourself or things of interest. I am far an expert but I do make payout monthly, make friends and then you`ll be on your way into the mylot family.
@endou100 (104)
Thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind and follow. Always good hear from some senior user here.
@MGjhaud (20749)
yeah, it's alright. welcome to mylot, by the way. most of the time, i prefer short ones.
@endou100 (104)
Hmm.. It is personal choice.