Life is the battlefield

Pixabay, battlefield, public domain
@CoralLevang (39826)
It all begins a minor disagreement. Then, one person gets so offended, they find it necessary go out on a limb to try to destroy the other. This is not new to any of us who went to junior high school. If you look at the history of the world, there is continual evidence of this. These bullies relish in finding people who will blindly follow them and do their dirty work for them. They are sent out to be the annoyances. Should there be a response or reaction, the aggressor will often give a surprised look, leaving their victim to be the overly-reactive screaming banshee. The blame is transferred to the vocal one. Of course, the bully and his or her clan will stand on the soapbox of sanctimony. They claim to have been picked on unduly, satisfied in their ability to have turned the tables on their intended "victim." Another set up. Another, again, takes the fall. People haven't changed very much over the centuries. No matter where we are, or situation we may interact as human beings, there is likely to be someone who will try to turn any situation into a battlefield, picking fights that are unnecessary. Have you encountered this type of situation in your life? In your workplace? At school? Social media? Others? Do you always walk away? Or do you defend yourself, your name, your honor? While you are thinking about which of your experiences best illustrates this, perhaps Pat Benatar's, "Love is a battlefield," will give you inspiration. (Hard to believe this was released in 1983, thirty-four years ago!)
Bob Giraldi directs Pat Benatar in her highest charting single "Love is a Battlefield."
We have some family troubles , but nothing that involves a lot of drama between several people. Some family members have decided to completely avoid each other and that is the end of it
@CoralLevang (39826)
@paigea Sounds familiar ....
• Lakewood, Colorado
In my life's training so to speak, I number one walk away, run if I have to. If it's a matter of survival to me or mine, then I stand and fight with no holds barred.
@CoralLevang (39826)
I know for me it seems to be all or nothing. I wish I could find the better balance.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@CoralLevang Well the better balance is often wasted on them.
@CoralLevang (39826)
I walk away. Since my mental health is my top priority, I walk away. Works for me.
@CoralLevang (39826)
I like this method.
@luispas (1779)
• Venezuela
I hate this kind of problems:( I will never understand why people make bullying, they just try to feel superior, they can't do what they want their hole life. I rather be stay from them, if they mess with me then I have to act and do something.
@CoralLevang (39826)
It's why I take on the bullies online. I feel like I can handle them. Then they block me. LOL
@luispas (1779)
• Venezuela
@CoralLevang Great, you are immune to them. It's better that they block you, you avoid a lot of problems
@CoralLevang (39826)
@luispas there is much truth in what you say! How did you get so wise for only 20 years of age?
I fight back if things are below the belt situations. If it is not that serious, I just walk away.
@CoralLevang (39826)
I think that that is where we as human beings are all very different. What is below the belt for one, it's not that serious for another. We are very complex!
@CoralLevang I agree. I don't like being scrutinized without any basis at all.
@CoralLevang (39826)
@Shavkat Unless I subject myself to scrutinizing for a purpose, I sure as hell do not want any part of it, especially from people on a website for free speech. But I welcome the debate. Just don't like it when I respond and then someone who wants the right to talk/speak wants to shut me up. LOL
@ridingbet (36366)
right, even in this site, there are some 'subtle bullies', and unless you dissect their discussions, you will not know they are referring to a person or a group of people with their posts.
@CoralLevang (39826)
Oh, Ingrid. Yes. And what you're calling subtle bullies, are simply engaging in extreme passive aggressiveness. I think it would be much better to put on the verbal boxing gloves and enter the ring and face the opponents!
@ridingbet (36366)
@CoralLevang and i know one, my friend, who wears the gloves and is subtly bullying one user here, and i know you know who i mean.
@CoralLevang (39826)
@ridingbet I have verbal boxing gloves always ready. If I could get away with it, I would take it on in the public forum here. I might get my point across, but I would end up being banned from this site. And everybody would think I was so mean
God, I saw the tour for this album. Man, am I old.
@CoralLevang - He was my girlfriend's first concert.
@CoralLevang (39826)
@teamfreak16 It was my first real "concert" in that type of venue. Is your gf older than you?
@CoralLevang - Just two years.
It depends on my mood, how important I think the battle is, then again I'll argue just for the sake of making someone squirm - I do that to my husband mostly!
@CoralLevang (39826)
With some people, I will, too. But when I'm really tired, I go into my "whatever" mood, and leave.
@CoralLevang I can't leave, I live here LOL
@CoralLevang (39826)
@AbbyGreenhill true! LOL
@josie_ (4470)
Regarding your post which I enjoyed reading, two quotes comes to mind. "Power abhors a vacuum" and "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". In the stage of life, roles can and are often switch and interchangeable. The oppressed today becomes the oppressor tomorrow. History is replete with examples. There are no good or bad guys. Only good or bad circumstances that we need to play out with whatever cards we are dealt out with.
@CoralLevang (39826)
*smiles* Love the second quote... Lord Acton. I think it followed, "...great men are almost always bad men..." Thank you for your comment. I always enjoy the interaction.
@skysnap (17583)
True it's everyday struggle.
@CoralLevang (39826)
Indeed, it is.