"Why shouldn't people attending a wedding wear white?"

A simple explanation why the wedding visitors should not wear white is not to ruin the wedding day of a bride. The bride deserves to have a special attention and stand out on her wedding day while wearing a white gown. I am sure you had noticed this during the wedding ceremony. The bride should be in the spotlight. On the other hand, the groom should wear a black suit. “Do you think it is unfair for the groom?” "Do you still follow the traditional wedding ceremony?" Image Credit: unsplash.com
@hillhjill (8658)
I think that it all depends on your wedding colors.. like my were white,pink and black.. so yeah I was in white and my husband was in black and pink..but I think if a guess is wearing white I wouldn't mind so much and if the groom wanted to wear a white tux then go for it.
I agree. It was a traditional wedding dress. Nowadays, the motif of wedding dress had changed and it doesn't go with pure white. It varies from one motif to another. Image Credit: netdna.walyou.netdna-cdn.com
@hillhjill (8658)
@Shavkat that looks very cool what they did.. my next wedding dress when we get remarried is going to be black and purple.. and he will be in a Gothic tux.
@hillhjill I think it is an innovative motif.
Not all grooms wear black suits. It all just depends on what the couple wants for their wedding. Nowadays not every bride wears white anymore. I have been to some weddings where the couple requests their guest to wear white because the bride was wearing a black dress and wanted her and her husband to be the only ones in black. My boyfriend is in a wedding this weekend and the groom and groomsmen are wearing navy slacks, white button-up shirts with the sleeves rolled halfway, brown shoes and a brown belt.
I had attended the wedding of my friend. She wore a pure black dress and the groom. She requested the guest to wear pure black as the motif of their wedding. Image Credit: d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.net
@nomus24g (25462)
As per Hindu religion....White is the colour for mourning & hence the brides avoid the same...
I didn't know this. I guess I need to attend a wedding in your country. I had checked it and it is so colorful. Image Credit: fthmb.tqn.com
@nomus24g (25462)
@Shavkat you wont find brides dressed in white on that occassion...even if they do, then it would be with red border
The Assumed bridal mekhela sador during the actual ceremony is white with gold work
In todays world, at least over here Shavkat, there is no tradition that cannot be broken. Sometimes the bride and groom do not wear white and black. So it is just whatever kind of wedding it is that dictates what people wear. But going with the traditional dress, yes, I think the bride should not be upstaged.
I also have the same notion that the bride should be the center of attraction. It was traditional but that's supposed to be for some bride. I had also noticed that some couples had weird wedding motif nowadays. Image Credit: thenet.ng
@Shavkat Yes as you have shared the photo Shavkat..any number of types of weddings and these guys are happy with their blood wedding lol
@TiarasOceanView He has a bloody smile.lol As if he drools of blood.lol
@prashu228 (25519)
Not at all unfair, I mean groom looks good in Black suit....lol
I do think both the couple have different aura when getting married. It shows how happy they and even not wearing traditional wedding clothes. Image Credit: www.bizarbin.com
@ridingbet (61840)
the notion today is, a bride who maintains her chastity should wear white wedding gown. but brides and their grooms can wear any color for their gowns and suits. i did not know that even the people attending to a wedding ceremony should wear white. i think they should consider the motif of the wedding. when i attended 2 weddings (1 my colleague; the other my godchild), i wore the color motif (blue, and cream).
I agree. Weddings depend on what the couple's motif. It is so particular in our country nowadays.Some even wore the costumes of Star War's characters.It totally doesn't follow the traditional wedding. Image Credit: thechive.com
@ridingbet (61840)
@Shavkat oh, hahah! and maybe the officiating priest wore the costume of "Darth Vader", right? i wonder who the ring bearer was? maybe C3PO? and the bible bearer was R2D2? flower girl should be YODA.
@ridingbet He is coming now.hehehe Image Credit: www.artfullywed.com
My first husband to our wedding wore full white and me as well; no one else in the bridal or groomsmen entourage did either nor guests since traditionally white stands for pure which in our case, so far from that truth !
I agree. I do think that white motif signifies pure love to each other. If I am going to marry someone, I will suggest for traditional wedding clothes in my country. Image Credit: d3tl2z91yluntz.cloudfront.net
@ridingbet (61840)
@Shavkat really? like the g-string(bahag)?
@ridingbet It is still being practiced in the Cordillera. I think it is not for me. Image Credit: i.ytimg.com
• Pamplona, Spain
I think its nice if they keep to the tradition if they want to and a lot still do but not all of them.
I agree. I think I should still go for a traditional wedding. It seems so simple but the tradition is still there. It shows in the couple's wedding around the globe. Image Credit: static.boredpanda.com
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat Lovely photo. A Wedding Photo very nice one too.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I think it is, my friend. A wedding is the best thing to witness if we are on traveling. Unfortunately, I didn't take a wedding day photo in Tajikistan. It looks like this. Image Credit: scontent.cdninstagram.com
@responsiveme (18234)
We have so many colourful dresses for weddings in the different parts of the country
I agree. I had seen some of the photos online. Does the colorful dress for weddings vary from one province to another in your country?
@Shavkat yes it does...Variety on everything...That's India
@manasamanu (3734)
• Bangalore, India
Yes we follow the traditional wedding ceremony. There is no such thing as shouldn't wear white in the wedding in our tradition. Sometimes rather than the bride and the groom others look beautiful.
Is it in India? I think the wedding in this country is so interesting. Image Credit: blogs.topwedding.com
• Bangalore, India
@Shavkat Yes in India
@YrNemo (14736)
I am not an expert in this field unfortunately. Guess I am color blinded most of the time LOL.
I will join you with that. I am also color blinded in some occasion. Image Credit: aaroneyephotography.com
@YrNemo (14736)
@salonga (27957)
We do not follow that tradition. The guests can wear whatever color they want, only those in the entourage follow the color motif and the bride is always the one in white.
I agree. Things had changed through the years. The best thing is that the old practices still exist especially in the provinces. Image Credit: tx.english-ch.com
@acelawrites (12727)
I don't notice that! It's not unfair for the groom; just let the bride have her very special day to be the center of attraction!
I think it is still the bride's day and be on the center stage. It is the happiest moment of her life and radiates to her smile during the wedding day. Image Credit: reapinpin.com
@klynlyn (154)
I guess not all brides wear white gown nowadays? I don't like to wear white either if I get wed.someday
@Bodyandbrain (13815)
• Gurgaon, India
In our culture we wear colour full dress to attend wedding ceremony and bride and groom are also expected to wear bright and colourful dresses. We generally avoid black and white colours at happy events.