Ex-FBI Director James Comey admits to feeling stunned and queasy while on the job …

Huh? I find it rather frightening that a man in such a critical position actually admitted to being “stunned,” that he acted inadequately while performing his FBI Director duties. According to his sworn testimony yesterday, Comey admitted to not taking charge, to not making responsible or appropriate decisions, while engaged in private uncomfortable conversations with President Trump. He was so stunned by Trump’s conversations that he couldn’t respond appropriately, that “Maybe if I was stronger…” I would have responded differently and more appropriately. Comey also admitted that the ridiculous Bill Clinton/Loretta Lynch cozy tarmac talk last year, where we were told they shared grandchildren photos (pleeeeeze), was a turning point for him, although I'm not sure how. He also stated that after his conversation with then AG Lynch, when she instructed him to refer to the Hillary email server issue as a “matter” and not an “investigation,” he felt confused, concerned and queasy afterward. His words, folks, not mine. In a previous life, I was a career consultant at a local university. We advised our students that one of the essential qualities of a successful employee is to demonstrate you perform well under stress, that you solve problems and make your employer happy. Obviously, Comey failed at this and we, the employer, have every right to feel stunned, concerned, queasy and duped (my word, not his) today. Image: Pixabay
I never paid that much attention to the FBI hierarchy but now I am curious if the head of the FBI is appointed or worked his (I wooda said her but I don't think there's ever been a her) way up the ranks. I'm so ignorant.
I never paid any attention to anything political until this last election. As awful as it was, it has been quite a learning experience. Now I follow it all the time.
I started becoming more interested when Obama refused to provide information about his birth certificate @LindaCPearson I still don't follow that much about politics but I would like to know more about the permanent government that hides behind those we get to elect.
He always looked a bit pale to me.
He also looks very uncomfortable and ill at ease.
@LindaCPearson A wet dish rag sort of look.
I found Comey to be a rather pathetic man who deserved to have lost his job a lot sooner, what a wishy washy nasty man, to get his friend to leak things, he is weak too!!
I totally agree.
It was painful to watch him. I do believe that Trump, and others, figured out that Mr. Comey was not stable enough for the incredibly important position he held.
It was sad. He seemed so goody goody and then so wishy washy and cowardly.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I could never work close to Donald Trump. I'm glad this poor guy had the integrity to be honest without going over the top in impuning Trump.