Going to fire up the smoker this weekend

We haven't had the smoker going since last fall. I think it is high time to rectify that situation. I didn't do the grocery shopping yet. I will go tomorrow morning. I'm thinking of smoking a brisket and a chicken. I took the chicken out of the freezer to thaw. The brisket I will have to buy at the store. A friend asked me to smoke some meatballs so I suppose I will have to pick up some ground beef as well. I usually do "moinkballs" which are just meatballs with bacon wrapped around them. We will eat the brisket (with homemade mac and cheese and homemade cole slaw) and some of the meatballs. The smoked chicken will go on my lunch salads for next week. I invited our friends up the street to come eat with us. They said they will let us know. I'll have to text my sister to see if she and her husband want to come over or if she wants to just send her husband over. It is tough when you love to cook and there are only 2 of you in the house!
Sounds like it might just turn into a bash!
Possibly
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I feel your pain . The deer on the grill right now is like saying Ven pounds and there's two of us
Yeah. Hopefully some people will show up to help us eat the food. My brother-in-law probably will because he loves smoked meat and hasn't had it in forever.
Mmm baconed meatballs
plus smoke = amazing
@cpefley (1587)
• Hemet, California
Well that sounds delicious! I'm coming over for dinner lol
come on over!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida