Why are some people always miserable?

@millie02 (5845)
United Kingdom
I know a lady who seems to have everything, but she is always miserable. When I speak to her she is always moaning and complaining. This woman has a lovely family and home but all she ever does is find fault with them all. She has got on well in her career too, but she is always moaning about her job. I feel like telling her that she should be grateful for what she has got, because she does have a lot more than some people.
• Denmark
You 'feel' like telling her? Why don't you do it? I would tell her or avoid meeting her.
@millie02 (5845)
Perhaps she would be best avoided. Would you `tell her'?
• Denmark
@millie02 I would tell her what you've written in your last sentence of your post. If you dare you could add that she should be ashamed of herself to talk like this considering all the genuine misery in the world.
@millie02 (5845)
@MALUSE I will say something like that next time I see her.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
I knew someone like that but I usually stay away from people who thinks that way because I do not want to feel stressed
@millie02 (5845)
This lady does make me feel stressed when I meet her.
• Denmark
@millie02 This is also something you could mention to her.
@millie02 ..I agree with @MALUSE..better tell your friend that she is making you feel stressed, explain to her that you also have enough problems to handle yourself..Every problem has a solution, and if you only focus on having too many heartache problems than thinking of how you can solve it. Then, you are giving yourself a never ending problems and it is really not healthy and this has to stop early to keep your life in good standing
I think she is a perfectionist woman. Do you think so?
@millie02 (5845)
You could be right about that. Perhaps that is why nothing is ever good enough for her.
@millie02 Have you tried to talk to her about it?
@millie02 (5845)
@Shavkat Not yet, but I think I should.
Maybe there is something keeping her from being happy.
@millie02 (5845)
I saw this lady the other day and she seemed much happier. Apparently she was having trouble at work, but now she has left her job.
@millie02 Carolyn, see there was something going on with her., I am glad you left the job which was not good for her.
@luispas (1779)
• Venezuela
I know some people like her, and the sad part it's they're from my family. For me this is kind of stupid, they are just blind to everything they have, I think they maybe compare to someone else life, or maybe there's something they will never have (not something material). If they keep thinking like that, they'll never be happy
@millie02 (5845)
Sorry to hear that you have people like that in your family. Do they make life difficult for you?
@luispas (1779)
• Venezuela
@millie02 Yes, they do it sometimes, but I tend to ignored them as much as I can, because they will never understand my words.
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Some people are just like that. Some people are just always miserable and complaining. My father-in-law is kind of like that too. Always miserable, complaining, and not pleasant to be around.
@millie02 (5845)
Oh dear I am sorry to hear that.
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@millie02 Such is life. Just have to deal with it. Thankfully, we don't see him often.
@HazySue (16978)
I agree with your way of thinking. I stay away from negative people. Some people are not happy unless they are unhappy.
@millie02 (5845)
These people just like to moan and make others feel sorry for them.
Some may have almost everything they want, but it doesn't make them happy. Being a good person, helping others and such are more important than having all the material things.
@millie02 (5845)
I agree with you, material things do not bring happiness.
It is obvious that this lady has TOO MUCH in her life and has no sense of being grateful. She should go on a mission and see real misery.
@millie02 (5845)
I think this is the case with her, she does not know how lucky she is. She has a lovely family, a nice home, a good job etc.
@Mummyof3 (77)
• Glasgow, Scotland
I tend to avoid people like that. Although I suppose she could have a lot of problems that people do not know about
@millie02 (5845)
I think that if there was something really wrong, we would all have to hear about it. She would enjoy having people feel sorry for her.