Panic and Anxiety

Banks, Oregon
So once again i can feel my panic and axiety kicking in, I really want to go to Portland's Gay Pride Festival next weekend, but after all the horrible things happening in Portland i have to admit i am scared, but i feel also that it's really important at times like this to not be afraid. I really want to go and enjoy myself and see so many friends i have not seen in awhile, and make some new friends. I really have not been out and around many other gay men in quite some time, and it's about time and what better way then a Parade, and Concert, and all the other festivities. My one problem is i do not want to take the Transit, so i am asking friends if they are going so we can carpool together, if nothing else and i do take transit i am making sure im with a group of friends....
I wouldn't go, but if you do go, yes should go with people you know and, stay together, also maybe bring pepper spray lol.
Yes, Pepper Spray sounds like a good idea.
You need to go. Just be extra cautious and aware. Being frightened is what the bad people want. Besides you'll miss out on a fun time.
Exactly it will be so much fun it's not right that I could be scared of going it lets the bad people win
Take it a day at time. A group of friends would be nice. Hope that works out. Things take time.
Thanks I think it will work out I have a whole week to make plans
@chrissbergstrom .......That's good.
Anxiety can be crippling. I hope you can go to the parade somehow Chris.
I hope so I know it would be so good for my spirit
@chrissbergstrom And dont forget to take pics if you do.
@SonjaRae (4796)
Chris, There are so many things in this world that one could fear. I remember years ago, I had a friend who was performing in a big gospel venue at an all black baptist church in Los Angeles. I remember my mother panicked saying how dangerous it was and that I shouldn't go, and what if I get shot by a gang member etc. I remember telling her that I can be crossing the street and get hit by a car, but that doesn't stop me from going outside. If we allow ourselves to be crippled by the "what if's", we are isolating ourselves and allowing evil to dictate our lives. I hope you are able to find folks to carpool with, and that you go, supporting your beliefs, enjoying yourself, reconnecting with friends, and making new ones. Allow yourself to live, and enjoy!
Thank you many friends reached out even some I have only met through mutual friends so I think we will make it work
Yes stick with people if you do have to take the transit. Stay safe
Thanks
Your plan to go with other friends sounds reasonable, stay safe and have a good time!
Thanks
@silvermist (20114)
I think if you do feel you should,then go by all means.But go with a large number of friends you trust.Always be alert.Best of luck and have a nice time.Also I hope you make some good friends.
Than you I am talking to several friends
Try to stay calm. Easier said than done I know.
Yes very true
I could loan you Scar...he's pretty vicious...but I don't know how I'd get him to you. Whatever you do, be careful.
Thanks man i am sure Scar could be quite the protector :) I am hoping if i go i will be with a large group like i was last year and all will be well....
• Denver, Colorado
Yeah, you have to go. I get high anxiety, so I understand, but you have to go.
Yes I know that it would be so good for me to go I need to be out and Happy
If you csnt get some friends to go then I think you should go and have a good time. Everybody needs to get out and have fun sometimes. Just be careful.
Yes very true I think I found some friends to go
@chrissbergstrom oh good..hope you have fun
@Srbageldog (8254)
I hope you are able to go and have a good time. Hopefully your friends will be willing to go with you.
I think I found some friends whom are gonna go
I hope that you have fun.
@byAlana (25)
don't ever be afraid of anything in your live. this is not an advise, it's a rule.