Sunday breakfast. Do you go allout?

Ponce De Leon, Florida
Sunday is usually one of the couple of days during the week that I go all out and make a big breakfast. That doens't mean that I do it every single week What about you? Do you make a big breakfast on Sunday, or on another specific day of the week? Or are you a cereal or bagel kind of person? Today was one of the Sunday's that I actually went all out and made breakfast this morning. I shredded potatoes and made homemade hashbrowns, seasoned with Byron's Butt Rub and Garlic Salt, then sauteed some mushrooms, and tossed those on top of the hashbrowns before melting cheese on them. With the hashbrowns I also made homemade biscuits and scrambled eggs with some mexican blend shredded cheese in them. Needless to say we were completely STUFFED when we left to go to the park. And of course half of our pans and skillets were dirty after making breakfast. Okay maybe that's a slight exagerrtion, but still - that's what it felt like. What did you have for breakfast today? Was it fancy? Or simple?
I grabbed a banana. Took a day off from cereal.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts , no oatmeal? Isn't that what OLD people eat? Do you put bananas in your cereal?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns You'll get to oatmeal someday yourself unless you go the cream of wheat route. No bananas in cereal.
I had a glass of water for breakfast. It's now lunch time and I am drinking more water.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
thats really not healthy. you need to eat more, or have ensure around the house or something.
@prashu228 (22820)
Why only a glass of water?
We haven't had breakfast this morning yet . . . but our weekends do tend to have bigger breakfasts. Hubby is home (normally he leaves very early) and I don't have to get the kids to rush off to school (where they get breakfast in the classroom if they choose to eat it). The kids woke up early today for some reason, and they opted for oatmeal. Hubby and I will have coffee a bit later and probably some egg and fruit. So it's simple for today .
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That sounds good too though. How old are your kiddos?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
No breakfast for me today
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
What's for dinner tonight?
@thislittlepennyearns brisket, Mac and cheese, and Cole slaw
@Blondie2222 (18130)
It depends on my mood and if i'm home for sunday breakfast. Sometimes I will make french toast and bacon other times i will just have a bagel or cereal.
• Japan
I'm a church musician so if I get cereal on Sunday morning I'm doing well. Saturday I have time to make pancakes if I choose, and sometimes I do.
Wow that sounds awesome! I love hearty breakfasts. As a kid my dad used to make pancakes, bacon, crepes and all kinds of stuff on Sundays. As an adult I make instant oatmeal. Lol. But I love it!!
We had pancakes and sausage for breakfast. That is a normal breakfast on the weekends for us. Yesterday we had corn beef hash, toast, and eggs.
I had two chocolate chip cookies for brunch shhh don't tell anybosy. Lol
@prashu228 (22820)
On Sunday's I have brunch..as I wake up late . I spend time at home ..it's a relaxing day. It's sleeping time , Sunday night here. Good morning . have a great day.
• Lakewood, Colorado
No I used to though. Weekends we usually just have snacks mostly all day and then a small dinner.
Yummmm Today is just basic eggs with toast and side of fruit strawberries & blueberries
@PatZAnthony (11799)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
No. And, no. We eat vegan/vegetarian items and no one will be stuffed.
• Preston, England
I had the last of the donuts I was given at the start of the weekend