Hawaiian pizza

@Lizzyib (453)
The man who originally started adding ham and pineapple to pizza died yesterday. In 1962. Sam Panopoulos first decided to add ham and pineapple to pizza to give his customers a different choice of toppings. Panopoulos died yesterday at the his home in Ontario, Canada. He was 83 I happen to like a little bit of pineapple on my pizza, some people however, are fully against it. What do you put on your 'za?
@moirai (1471)
Aww. That's sad. May he rest in peace. And to think it was only last night that I wandered over to a YouTube video - something like 25 things you didn't know about Canada, something like that - and Hawaiian pizza was mentioned. Also, recently I found out that this 'you don't put pineapples on pizza' thing is a big debate. (It started when I saw a video where Gordon Ramsay says that.) I, for one, love pineapples on pizza. As a pizza flavor, Hawaiian is one of the favorites here in my country. (At least that's what I think.)
@Lizzyib (453)
I had no idea until I read that story yesterday that Canada had anything to do with Hawaiian pizza, I just thought it was an American invention.
@moirai (1471)
@Lizzyib I always thought it was from Hawaii. What could have given me that idea? Haha.
@Lizzyib (453)
@moirai Lol oh who knows what could of tipped you off!
I love Canadian bacon and, pineapple pizza, it was my grandpa's favorite.
@Lizzyib (453)
Sounds like a winning combo :)
@HazySue (20133)
I liked sausage, pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and black olives. I may have forgotten something but I think you get the idea. I had a boss who loved the ham and pineapple on her pizza. We would order a half my way and half her way every now and then.
@tzwrites (4622)
I love pineapple on my pizza. The man was a genius.
I don't know he is the one who created Hawaiian pizza. Hawaiian pizza is fine for me. I especially like the simple pizzas which are with lots of cheese and bacon.
I did not know this. That is sad. I dont like ham and pineapple pizza but My mom does.
@Hate2Iron (7662)
My favorite is pineapple and pepperoni... they two are awesome together! Ham just didn't work for me but Sam Panapoulos did give us the idea lol!