Dying for Country Music

Daytona Beach, Florida
Two things country music star Hank Williams, Sr. did right was to become a legend and to have a famous song named Hank Williams, Jr. One thing he did terribly wrong was to drink to excess and die very young. The debut of Hank Williams, Sr. at the Grand Ole Opry was a great triumph. The debut remains the most famous in the history of live country music performance program broadcast on WSN Nashville weekly since 1925. When Williams grabbed the microphone on June 11, 1949 on the Grand Ole Opry stage he gave such an electrifying performance that he had to take six encores. When Williams first appeared on the Grand Ole Opry he was just 25 years old. He had been performing as a professional musician since he was 14. He went about playing all of the honky-tonks in the Deep South. He soon developed a strong blues-influenced style and began writing his own music. Williams went to Nashville in 1946 to try to sell some of his songs. He soon had a recording contract and his first hit record was “Move It On Over”. Unfortunately he soon started drinking heavily. It was the radio show The Louisiana Hayride that gave Williams the chance to be heard by a wide radio audience. When he sang “Lovesick Blues” the song became an instant hit. For this he also got numerous encores performing in front of a live audience. As his wild drinking days didn’t stop in 1952 the Grand Ole Opry fired him. Just two months later he died of alcohol-induced heart failure at the young age of 29. You could say he had a short but electrifying career that still left him a legend. How many country music fan are out there? http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hank-williams-sr-makes-his-grand-ole-opry-debut
Learn How to Play "Lovesick Blues" at https://goo.gl/f15Qli.
I do like all kinds of music and country music is one of them Sandra. Hank Williams was and is a legend. Yes, is was sad about the drinking. I once worked with Merle Haggards daughter too years ago.
Sounds like an interesting job @TiarasOceanView at least Hank Williams Jr keeps the music going
@RasmaSandra Yes he is one of a kind also and a credit to his Father.
I am not a country music fan but I have been to William's museum and gravesite in Montgomery, Alabama.
ME!!! I love country music from the oldies like Hank Williams to current artists like Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan. My list could go on and on and on ...
I especially love Johnny Cash and I really flipped for Billy Ray Cyrus among others @Marilynda1225