Costums changes. There´s no time for gatherings.

Chile
I have been talking about my party and everyone has been happy for me. Yet not many people give out parties even though they don´t have to prepare expensive meals. When I was a teen, I went to parties every week (each week the host was a different person of our group). Each of us had to bring something as the host only asked the parents permission to use the house. And the parents stayed in the kitchen or elsewhere, so we would know there were grown ups but we would not be bothered by them. These kinds of parties can be done with little money and plenty of good will. And the happiness that they give are a lot better than the expenses you have. Even now, when I give out parties, some of my friends bring wine or sodas or an appetizer dip. Last week I read a post here about a mylotter going to a gathering where they would eat spiced chicken feet. I´m sure that is not expensive. But it must have been fun.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes it does not matter big or small parties can be fun. And yes, it does not have to be expensive. I don't celebrate anything in my home however and that is the life I lead. It is fine for us. But I am happy for those who do and enjoy reading about them.
I am very sociable this has helped me a lot with the several pains in my life. My friends have been very supportive.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@marguicha Yes, I rather like that idea, it sounds good Marguicha
@TiarasOceanView While I had my chemo, they took turns to be with me.
For gatherings like that, the main part of the fun is being able to spend time with close friends in a relaxed atmosphere. And of course, the food and drinks would be important too.
But if you don´t have much money, you can still do something with inventive and good will.
@marguicha Exactly.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I am probably going to do a BBQ next month for the other halfs birthday. Have the neighbors bring drinks or something, and we will grill out. Its hard throwing a party out here because her are two hours from all our friends lol
But many have cars so 2 hours is no deal! My Leticia spends 2 hours a day to come to work at my house and another 2 hours to go back.
@1hopefulman (20244)
Yes, there seems to be less gatherings these days. Things were simpler and nobody expected a banquet. Now, the food has become more important than the conversation and being together.