Remember Those Marshmallows That Stuck Together?

Sticky Marshmallows
@GrannyGee (1768)
Louisburg, North Carolina
I bought another bag of marshmallows ... and do you know what? They also ... stuck together! I tried the name brand marshmallows again ... purchased from another store in another town. The same thing happened ... marshmallows stuck together and they are just sticky. No more name-brand marshmallows ... from now on it will be Great Value Marshmallows from Walmart. I tried that bag and they stayed ... perfect. I wonder what in the world changed the name-brand marshmallows? Now ... I have to make faces when I try to use these marshmallows ... it is possible they just get thrown into ... the trash!
I did not know till lately marshmallows were non vegetarian.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
I never thought about it
@GrannyGee Neither did I and to think that gelatin is made from bones or whatever it has put marshmallow in the not so favourite category
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
@allknowing Yes, you are right. I haven't known that for most of my life and it made me sad. I wish I had grown up not eating a lot of things as I realized ... it bothers me to think about it all. :)
@Nawsheen (22913)
• Mauritius
Oh no. I am just wondering what could have caused then to become sticky
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
I've bought 3 bags of them ... the name brand ... all 3 have done the same thing. The cheaper ones stay perfect.
@Nawsheen (22913)
• Mauritius
@GrannyGee omg that's awful. It is preferable to go for the cheaper ones i think.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
@Nawsheen Yes, I will. It's hard to believe they are best.
Thats so weird. Is it the heat maybe?
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
It's strange. If I buy the cheaper brand ... they stay perfect. The temperature is cool inside our home.
@GrannyGee hmm so weird
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
@Courtlynn I can't figure it!
@moirai (1471)
Hmm... they might have had some problems with packing or storage. Maybe it was exposed to some heat or moisture during the packing or transport to the stores.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
You are more right than you might know. Skip and I drove a tractor trailer ... delivering to other companies. You wouldn't believe ... how long and in the sun ... things sat on pallets in the sunshine.
Oh no! They're still good to use on your food - melted over your favorite vegetables or make rice krispy treats with them. They have a lot of uses, not just for roasting.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
Ha! Ha! I never thought about that! I only thought of ... roasting! That's so funny when I think about it ... I could put them in hot chocolate! It's funny to think of only one use!
@GrannyGee When I make sweet potato pie, I use the small marshmallows over the top. There are a lot of uses besides roasting.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
@just4him Oh, I love that so much! It looks good on the pie, also!
I like to use marshmallow cream in my hot chocolate.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
Oh my ... Skip and I love that too!