What's the meaning of "myLot"?

@RodrickH (8705)
China
I use myLot everyday,but I wonder what's the meaning of "myLot",I know it's just a name,I still believe that there is a meaning behind it.Welcome to the discussion.
To me myLot means my lot of friends as in the UK they say hey you lot. Means hey you bunch of friends, mates, companions and so on Just the way I think of it.
@RodrickH (8705)
Thanks for sharing,I learn a lot from your comment,I didn't know "hey you lot" that kind of expression before,but I know now,thank you.Maybe "myLot" means a zone for friends,this is what I think about "myLot".:)
@RodrickH Yes you are welcome Rodrick and I love your name!!! Have fun.
@RodrickH (8705)
@TiarasOceanView Thanks,have a nice day.
• Richfield, Utah
My hangout, my parking lot, my corner, my alley..... just a simple explaination
@RodrickH (8705)
Thanks for sharing,it means a lot to me.
• Richfield, Utah
@RodrickH you're welcome, glad to be of help! :)
@RodrickH (8705)
@librarygeek1980 Have a nice day.
@_ge_ez_ (547)
According to me, it means my space or my area where I can share with other people
@RodrickH (8705)
Thanks for sharing,it's a sharing space,like you said,that's why I like being here.:)
@_ge_ez_ (547)
@RodrickH yes me too. People on mylot are also good. They helps alot
@RodrickH (8705)
@_ge_ez_ Yes,it's like a community.
@owlwings (39218)
• Cambridge, England
A 'lot' is an American term meaning a piece of land. The domain name 'mylot' was originally created by a seller of garden furniture and materials and so was meant to refer to 'my piece of land' or 'my garden'. I don't know what happened to the company but they, apparently, no longer wanted the name and the current owners bought it to use for their discussion forum site. A 'lot' can refer to a piece of land (as above), to one's destiny or fate or to a group of people with whom one associates - or not, as the case my be (see the example sentences below). "I have bought this lot and I intend to built a house and make a pretty garden on it." "It's the lot of the poor to work hard to survive!" "Trump's lot (the Republicans) couldn't care less about the poor and unemployed. My lot (the Democrats or the Greens or whatever) are more caring." There are plenty more ways in which the word 'lot' may be used but the above ones are, perhaps, the most relevant to the way the site is today!
@RodrickH (8705)
Thanks for sharing.Actually,I don't know the word "lot" can be used as noun before,I thought it means many things,like it used in "a lot of",but it doesn't make sense in explanation of "myLot",I learn a lot from your comment,thanks.
@owlwings (39218)
• Cambridge, England
@RodrickH 'Lot' is one of those words which has come to have many different uses. Originally it meant something (or a collection of things) which has been given to someone by random choice (the meaning still used in the word 'lottery'). Then it came to be used in auctioneering where the things to be sold are divided up into 'lots'. That is how it came to apply to parcels of land where, in America especially, the land available was divided into 'lots' which were either sold or allotted to those who wanted them. A 'lot' in an auction might consist of many miscellaneous things, so the word came to be used to describe an indeterminate number of things - 'a lot of things' or 'lots of things'. Such a little word with so many - 'lots of'! - meanings!
@RodrickH (8705)
@owlwings Thanks for typing this,I learn a lot from this,when I see the definition of lot in your post,I am thinking about "parking lot",maybe it's the most common use of the noun of "lot",thanks again.
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
I'm sure there's an official meaning, but I like to think of it as my lot of friends and my space or lot where I sit and spend time. It's also means my lot of thoughts running through my head. So, that's what it means to me.
@RodrickH (8705)
Thanks for sahring,I believe that every mylotters will have their own explannations about "myLot".:)
theresa term my lot m,waning my my nplace ormy position in my life I take it to mean where I asm ion the bib mylot lamd here
so, what does my lot mean? I would be interested in knowing it too.