Weight Loss

@Fishmomma (11443)
I haven't posted an update in a long time. Members know I donated a lot of clothes two years, as never thought the weight would ever come off. Doctor told me to lose weight and I did it with a lot of encouragement from friends and neighbors that were happy to help me get more exercise and eat better. I just posted to one member lost 2 clothing sizes, so donated all the clothes that are to big, as I'm sure this time the weight will stay off. I changed how I eat and no longer get mad at myself when I have an occasional treat. It just means eat better the next day.
@Blondie2222 (22730)
I have been trying to eat better also and losing weight. I have lost 9 pounds and hope to lose more. I been walking a mile each day outside when it's not too hot out. Good luck and i hope you can keep losing the weight you want to lose.
@Fishmomma (11443)
Thanks I will be happy to stay at this new weight, as everyone tells me I look good. I need to increase my walking, so am ready for two vacations. Both will have a lot of walking and sight seeing.
@Blondie2222 (22730)
@Fishmomma well good luck & i hope you can do it. I am going on vacation July 1st-5th camping definitely not wearing a 2 piece bathing suit as i'm not fit for that yet.
@Fishmomma (11443)
@Blondie2222 Two piece suit no thank you, as haven't worn one in over 30 years. One thing is for sure I can't post I'm 29 and holding after people read this post and daughter isn't going to accept being older than Mom.
@minx267 (14650)
• Hartford, Connecticut
I wish my weight would come off. I diet and hardly notice a thing. :(
@Fishmomma (11443)
I spent years trying every company including Weight Watchers. Friends in the community made produce swaps with me, so my grocery bill didn't go up. Some went out walking with me and the support has been wonderful. Good luck losing weight.
@minx267 (14650)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@Fishmomma Thank you..
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
Losing weight is not easy. It requires lots of hardwork but you managed to do it and that's awesome. To convince ourself to stop eating junk/processed food can be challenging. But you can definitely cheat at times but that's not a big deal if you do it rarely.
@Fishmomma (11443)
I did have many challenges along the way as members all know how much I love homemade bread. Now when I'm having chicken I'll have a lettuce wrap chicken, so its low in calories and still having a sandwich. I love pizza and put more vegetables on the homemade pizza. Cooking more and growing more produce made the difference.
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
@Fishmomma I agree. All the best and congrats
Yes. Very true for when you do eat something you dont think you should. Cheat days are great days. And make up days rhe next day can be even better. Congratulations
@Fishmomma (11443)
Thanks I am healthy and really feel better than I have in years.
@Fishmomma thats awesome! Congratulations again.
@prashu228 (25513)
Congrats. Lossing weight is always good... have a great day
@Fishmomma (11443)
Thanks for the good wishes.
@PatZAnthony (13117)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is nice that you were able to keep the weight off @Fishmomma People who get the donations will really appreciate it! Isn't it terrible how we humans beat ourselves up at times for not being perfect?
@Fishmomma (11443)
I sure did and every time I ate badly it was hard to fix my eating. Now I'm on the right track putting me first and shopping for the healthiest meals. I love to garden and my husband is helping me, as he carried the heavy bags to prepare the garden.
Learning new habits is the important thing. Enjoy having better health.
@Fishmomma (11443)
That has been the key to successfully taking the weight off and its staying off. People see me on the street and stop to ask how I did it. It required a life style change and do feel good about it.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Good for you!
@Fishmomma (11443)
Thanks I'm amazed to feel better as a senior, then in my younger years.
congratulations you sure did it Im happy for yoiu tjhats sopmething I need to do
@Fishmomma (11443)
Thanks I had back aches for years, so finally put myself first and changed the grocery shopping list. Now I can travel and have already planned two trips.