What's the meaning of "cut to the feeling"?

@RodrickH (9054)
China
Recently when I listen to music,I found a song which is called "cut to the feeling",I don't know what that means,so I'm here to ask help.
@owlwings (39249)
• Cambridge, England
It means (I believe) something like 'go directly to the feeling [emotion]'. The first line of the chorus says "I wanna cut through the clouds, break the ceiling" 'To cut to' is an expression used in filming which means a sudden change of view to another ('cut' literally referred to cutting the film and 'cut to' means splicing in a new scene immediately after.) The singer wants to get through the 'clouds' and everything which obscures the real emotion or feeling she wants to experience.
@RodrickH (9054)
Thanks,that's the song,maybe it's the only song which has the expression like "cut to the feeling",I learn a lot form your comment.
@josie_ (7348)
"Cut to the chase" is an American Idiom which means "get to the point" or don't B.S. me. The musician probably had this in mind when he titled the song "cut to the feeling". It's asking what are your real feelings.
@RodrickH (9054)
Thank you,I am confused for a long time,cause I never heard anything like "cut to the feeling",maybe that's what the musician wants to express.